The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's my concern this year. He could play in any team in the world, the form he's in and he's only getting better. 

He can, the saving grace is none of these so called mega clubs are in a position to fork out 100+m on one player. They're in financial trouble. Only PSG could potentially, but I seriously doubt Jack would go there. He gets more of a test playing against Southampton and Burnley.

We're very lucky in that sense. In regular times he'd have been snatched up as quickly as Bale and Suarez were, and if we were the Villa of old he'd have been a United player already. It's the perfect storm of everything falling into place nicely for a fairy tail story.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He can, the saving grace is none of these so called mega clubs are in a position to fork out 100+m on one player. They're in financial trouble. Only PSG could potentially, but I seriously doubt Jack would go there. He gets more of a test playing against Southampton and Burnley.

We're very lucky in that sense. In regular times he'd have been snatched up as quickly as Bale and Suarez were, and if we were the Villa of old he'd have been a United player already. It's the perfect storm of everything falling into place nicely for a fairy tail story.

You've sold me. If he goes in the summer, my broken heart is on you. 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure its even close at the moment. 

Surely front runner for PFA player of the year. 

Him and De Bruyne for me.

If KDB “takes” Man City to the title, he’ll probably win it.

But this is genuinely the level Grealish is at. World class. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

KDB is currently injured.

This is Jack's chance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In the game at the Etihad, there really wasn't much in it between the two that night which is incredible to think about.

If he had taken those chances earlier in the season he'd be top scorer in the league now. Sheffield United he missed about 3/4 alone. I'd like to see him end on minimum 15 for the season and about 20 assists (though this depends on the players taking their chances). 

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If he had taken those chances earlier in the season he'd be top scorer in the league now. Sheffield United he missed about 3/4 alone. I'd like to see him end on minimum 15 for the season and about 20 assists (though this depends on the players taking their chances). 

20 assists is a PL record. He'd be doing amazing if he could equal that. I'm more interested to see if he can get his goals into double figures. He's at 6. It took him 10 games to go from 5 to 6 so hopefully the next one isn't that long a wait.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

20 assists is a PL record. He'd be doing amazing if he could equal that. I'm more interested to see if he can get his goals into double figures. He's at 6. It took him 10 games to go from 5 to 6 so hopefully the next one isn't that long a wait.

The amount of good chances he creates he should be getting close to that target. Just wish we'd take our chances. 

I read yesterday, he’s been fouled in 160 consecutive matches. 
He’s the first Villa player to reach 9 assists in a season. We’re at the half way stage of the season. That’s amazing figures. 
Best player in the league and others fans know it now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The amount of good chances he creates he should be getting close to that target. Just wish we'd take our chances. 

Jack is on 67 chances created. On course for 134. Last season, KDB equaled Henry's record of 20 assists with 136 chances created. So it does sound feasible, but then you have to remember De Bruyne plays with Aguero and Sterling and co.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I am 29 so too young to remember McGrath and not born for the likes of Cowan.

Can somebody who has seen all of the greats tell me where Grealish stands on the all-time list?

I appreciate this is slanderous: but I fail to comprehend how somebody who had ten pints of Guinness the night before most of his games could compete with Jacky!!!

I was regularly attending Villa matches from 86 onwards so remember McGrath as i was playing a lot of football myself.

Personally due to where I liked to play my favourites were always Walters, Daley, Platt, Saunders, Yorke and Atkinson amongst others.

The reason is they get the ball and excite using their skills, create goals and score them. At that time because I was young the defenders weren't as exciting to me and taken for granted perhaps.

But anyway Grealish is Number One Villa player for me!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There was ridiculous one from a Konsa 50 yarder.

I don't know if "killed" is a strong enough verb for what he did to that ball. He massacred it.

Was ridiculous. Like he was trapping a bag of sand. Surprised they didn't check that the ball had deflated after that.

He is a player that you would pay money to go and see, regardless of who you support. Absolute travesty that some of these performances he has been pulling out are in front of an empty stadium because it's robbing people of the memories that they can tell their grandkids about in years to come. Walking, talking legend in his prime. We are very very lucky

• Like 3

Â