The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This brings me back to this that I posted on here a few weeks ago.

EriqR2gXcAAAQKQ?format=jpg&name=medium

That's every player in Europe's top five leagues and he's quite literally head and shoulders above.

"Fouls won" is a pretty weird metric, though.

It's great he wins us so many free kicks, but when you're discussing players and how good are they, I'm basically never going "oh, but <x> - the way he wins free kicks is just superb".

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

It's great he wins us so many free kicks, but when you're discussing players and how good are they, I'm basically never going "oh, but <x> - the way he wins free kicks is just superb".

That means he's taking people on and they can't get the ball off him. To stop him you have to chop him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I think that stat isn't necessarily about "winning fouls". It's more about fouling him is the only way you can stop him.

I sometimes wonder whether he’ll continue to develop. He’s nailed the ball control and passing, he’s improved his strength and pace. If he could perfect his shooting and add direct free kick goals to his game, he’d be unstoppable. C Ronaldo improved continuously as he got older, becoming a more complete player. I think Jack can do the same.  

Edited by It's Your Round
Missing word

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was good in the championship but it was when he had that freak pre season injury and bulked up where he then started to shine even more. He then had the athleticism to match his technical ability. That athleticism just seems to continue to improve. 

I think this is what has brought him to the next level.

He is stronger, and faster, as well as improved his composure, more decisive.

Once he has set pieces in is locker its over.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Definitely the best player in the league now. We need to build an elite team, a dynasty around him to make sure we make the most of it and also keep him happy and out of the clutches of rocket polishers like Man Utd.

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Definitely the best player in the league now. We need to build an elite team, a dynasty around him to make sure we make the most of it and also keep him happy and out of the clutches of rocket polishers like Man Utd.

'Definitely' the best player is stretching things a bit!

How would you even judge something like that?

I know everyone will have their answer but its down to subjectivity.

The biggest point is how important he is to each team, and to our team he is simply irreplaceable; But this is different to what another team may see.

IMO what cant be disputed is he is in the conversation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

'Definitely' the best player is stretching things a bit!

How would you even judge something like that?

I know everyone will have their answer but its down to subjectivity.

The biggest point is how important he is to each team, and to our team he is simply irreplaceable; But this is different to what another team may see.

IMO what cant be disputed is he is in the conversation.

Yeah, I hear you. It's all subjective.

I judge it on consistency, vision, effectiveness, physicality and above all, just raw talent. I have to say Jack is currently number 1 in my book considering that criteria, but its just my opinion, my criteria.

Would I swap any other PL player for him? No. Therefore I have to conclude he is the MVP, if you like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

20 assists is a PL record. He'd be doing amazing if he could equal that. I'm more interested to see if he can get his goals into double figures. He's at 6. It took him 10 games to go from 5 to 6 so hopefully the next one isn't that long a wait.

Currently created 13 big chances. Which should mean he is on 10-11 assists. (he is on 11 according to transfermarkt right now as well) 

46 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Taking our claret and blue glasses off, Foden is absolute quality and much younger.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

That means he's taking people on and they can't get the ball off him. To stop him you have to chop him.

exactly, I cant stand that term, he didn't win a foul (well a few maybe), the player has been fouled, should be most fouled player.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Taking our claret and blue glasses off, Foden is absolute quality and much younger.

Jack was in a crap team at his age, debatable point but I bet players advance their ability much faster when surrounded by the players he is.

Agree though, he is a player, very good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He's not the first Villa player to reach 9 assists in a season, pretty sure Ashley young got 11 or something at some point.

Sorry yes, I was meant to say since Young

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Yep wouldn't disagree, he's got a better coach too

But at the same time would say foden is the next Gerrard, lampard or Scholes, we've seen players of his ilk before, great player and that is the level of quality he will achieve 

Jack isn't like those players though, that run vs Burnley the run vs Leeds earlier in the season, the way he walked past romeu in last night's game... Even with the gazza link, a player that I only really caught the tail end of, I genuinely haven't seen an English player do the things grealish can do, play in that style, he's not those 3 greats, he's not foden, he's not Mount or maddison or Alli, he plays with a natural ability that sets him apart

Maverick is the best description of I've seen of him I think 

• Like 2

Jack walks into the Premier League team of the season.  I think at the moment he’s on the shortlist for player of the year too, at the half way point it’s probably between him, Kane, Son & De Bruyne.  

• Like 1

Â