The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

World class. He was instructed to stay high today due to the space behind JWP. Hence he wasn't as defensive as he has been. 

Obviously I know this sitting on my sofa at home....

Just to remind everyone Jack Grealish is world class.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

I notice Jack played in white out boots tonight. Is he leaving nike perhaps? Weren't his normal white pink gt pair. The Laces on them didn't look like the gt ones where they are slightly off to the side. Could be a switch to the mercurial superfly perhaps. Anyone else notice this?

Sometimes brands use blank/unmarked boots when testing a new model. Could be that? They look like a Nike boot at least. 

I would guess that Nike have cottoned on the the fact Jack is a marketing dream and are working more closely with him now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Sometimes brands use blank/unmarked boots when testing a new model. Could be that? They look like a Nike boot at least. 

I would guess that Nike have cottoned on the the fact Jack is a marketing dream and are working more closely with him now.

I thought similar. May have his own range soon. Can't wait for all those kids and adults buying grealish boots whilst claiming they support wolves, or even "think he's overrated". Would make my day to see a BCFC parent having to coil up in disgust as they are forced to buy them for their kids. Lol

1 hour ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

I notice Jack played in white out boots tonight. Is he leaving nike perhaps? Weren't his normal white pink gt pair. The Laces on them didn't look like the gt ones where they are slightly off to the side. Could be a switch to the mercurial superfly perhaps. Anyone else notice this?

Judging by that first half take down from a long pass I reckon those new boots have built in Loctite on the toes. 

• Haha 2

More and more people calling him the best in the league now. He’s just special, so ridiculously good at playing football. Neutrals seem to just enjoy watching him as if they were us, he can go right to the top of the sport I have no doubt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Once the 2 freaks retire, I can see him being in the conversation for Balon D'or. Can't be too many players than him right now.

Lineker even said this on MOTD. Talked about him as player of the year and not just England. The big one, then called him The Boss

I was kind of prepared to lose him last summer. I will be so gutted if we do. He's just so good, it will be another generation or two before we produce someone as special as him.

I know we will get a shit load of money for him and it may help us become even better but I just love everything about him. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I was kind of prepared to lose him last summer. I will be so gutted if we do. He's just so good, it will be another generation or two before we produce someone as special as him.

I know we will get a shit load of money for him and it may help us become even better but I just love everything about him. 

I think we’ll be waiting longer than a generation or two 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If NSWE continue to put their money where their mouth is, he might just become our Totti. Let's say we finish 6th season. Then we invest even more in the summer in a few top class players to push on again. Why even join United or something when you can become a legend at your hometown club while also seriously challenging?

I can only imagine that's what they pitched to him in the summer and why he stayed in the first place. If a team that just escaped relegation by a chin hair could keep him, imagine one with Europa League football next season with aspirations of going beyond that (hypothetically speaking of course)? Last summer ripped up all the playbooks. I was astounded he stayed. Our performance this season seems to vindicate what they promised him (it could have been even better but for some bad luck). Unless Madrid or Bayern (or lamentably, City) come calling, I'm not worried. United, Arsenal and Chelsea are floundering. Not the propositions they once were for truly world class players, which Jack currently is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If NSWE continue to put their money where their mouth is, he might just become our Totti. Let's say we finish 6th season. Then we invest even more in the summer in a few top class players to push on again. Why even join United or something when you can become a legend at your hometown club while also seriously challenging?

I can only imagine that's what they pitched to him in the summer and why he stayed in the first place. If a team that just escaped relegation by a chin hair could keep him, imagine one with Europa League football next season with aspirations of going beyond that (hypothetically speaking of course)? Last summer ripped up all the playbooks. I was astounded he stayed. Our performance this season seems to vindicate what they promised him (it could have been even better but for some bad luck). Unless Madrid or Bayern (or lamentably, City) come calling, I'm not worried. United, Arsenal and Chelsea are floundering. Not the propositions they once were for truly world class players, which Jack currently is.

That's my concern this year. He could play in any team in the world, the form he's in and he's only getting better. 

I don't think Barca or Madrid are in a position to sign the £100+ million signing at the moment. Interesting piece by Guillem Blague that Barca are absolute **** financially but also Madrid's days of galacticos are behind them with Covid pressure plus their billion pound stadium redevelopment.

Might be the perfect timing to hopefully keep hold of jack. My only concern is City. Jack has always been complimentary about them

Â