The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The most hilarious thing is, people keep saying to me now, ‘Grealish is quality, he’s one of the best players in the league’. 

I stand by my opinion that Jack Grealish was one of the best players in this country, back when he was playing in the Championship. I mean that. Yes he’s gone up a level, but even in the year we got promoted he was better than most of the players in the Premier League.

Have any of you watched Fernandes play recently? Lauded as the best player in the league. I’m deadly serious when I say the only atttribute he has better than Jack is penalties. He isn’t half the player Grealish is and can’t do half the things Jack can on the ball. He just strolls around knocking a few balls left and right. 

The only players anywhere near his level in this division, in my opinion, are De Bruyne, Salah, Mane and Son. KDB is a special player, no question. 

Jack Grealish is a phenomenon. The best player we’ve ever had. Honour him. 

(Couldn’t resist the Gladiator quote, it was just going that way).

I think we'd have definitely got to the world cup final if he played for England, as he should have, in Russia. Alli and Lingard played every game ffs. Anyone can win a one off match and we'd have had a damn fine chance of winning it v a nervous France side with Jack Grealish who feels no fear.

He has improved but it's not as much as some other fans and pundits would have you believe. He's been absolutely outstanding for a long long time. We've now got the resources where hopefully we can keep him here for longer than I certainly thought possible. I can't believe he signed a new contract this summer.

• Like 3

Made some important runs today a d shame alot of them didnt pay off.

Past couple of games though he does seem to be getting more angry on field, I can understand it though with his officials five no cards out for blatant fouls on him. He was about to go on a nice run in first half and the southy lad tripped him from behind.

He won't get it cause United have a ridiculous fan base that will just out vote Grealish unfortunately for POTY.

Thought he had a quieter game but Saints were putting 3 men on him at all times. Their press was insane at times. Theone time we switched the play fast and avoided the press, Grealish worked his magic.  

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

He won't get it cause United have a ridiculous fan base that will just out vote Grealish unfortunately for POTY.

Thought he had a quieter game but Saints were putting 3 men on him at all times. Their press was insane at times. Theone time we switched the play fast and avoided the press, Grealish worked his magic.  

I assumed he was talking about players player, I think he stands a very very good chance.

• Like 2

I am 29 so too young to remember McGrath and not born for the likes of Cowan.

Can somebody who has seen all of the greats tell me where Grealish stands on the all-time list?

I appreciate this is slanderous: but I fail to comprehend how somebody who had ten pints of Guinness the night before most of his games could compete with Jacky!!!

• Like 1

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

Can somebody who has seen all of the greats tell me where Grealish stands on the all-time list?

I appreciate this is slanderous: but I fail to comprehend how somebody who had ten pints of Guinness the night before most of his games could compete with Jacky!!!

Numero Uno!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I think is closing in on number one spot but not there yet.

In terms of attacking, eye catching play he is number one but McGrath won players player of the year at CB playing for Villa. Even if you never saw him play just thinking about that achievement for a moment tells you how good he was.

• Like 2

I wish he would be less petulant. I feel lately he has been to sulky, and at times seem disinterested unless he himself is involved in play. Don`t get me wrong, he is INCREDIBLE, but i think he often reaches the next level when he looks fired up, and engaged in the game, rather than when he just looks agrieved that he is not as involved as he wants to be.

Also think he was leaving Targett to isolated in defence today, many times it looked like Targett would need to defend alone

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Lineker just said he has to be a contender for footballer of the year. He is right.

Agree

its not a fan vote is it? Cos then it will be Fernandes vs salah

de bruyne will obviously get a nod and if they win the league thanks to their defence then dias at city will be in contention too but seeing as he’s the 27th defender over £30m that peps bought that would be a bit shit no matter how good he is

22 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

McGrath was just phenomenal, I was so lucky to see him regularly in a Villa shirt.

Jack, for me, is second behind him and maybe that is time tinted glasses but it’s also hard because they are very different players.  Also I’m in a different stage of my life which affects how I see things.

Probably best way is to say they are two of my favourite Villa players for different reasons.

I notice Jack played in white out boots tonight. Is he leaving nike perhaps? Weren't his normal white pink gt pair. The Laces on them didn't look like the gt ones where they are slightly off to the side. Could be a switch to the mercurial superfly perhaps. Anyone else notice this?

Â