The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

As others have pointed out, if we get a top Left Winger, Jack could be in the middle CAM role.

Currently, he is definitely more devastating from the left.

The danger now is that he gets crowded out in there.

Altough he did ave one VERY good game in the middle this season which was noteworthy to me, but dont remember against who. Think maybe Anwar was on the left at the time?

Possibly the next stage in our and his evolution will be arming the wins and allowing him to wreak havoc trough the middle.

Although to be fair, he pretty much pops up everywere already.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The danger now is that he gets crowded out in there

But isn’t he now? and it’s still no effort for him whether 1-2 passing with somebody else or jinks through them.  Then if he drags them left it leaves space in the middle for us.  His best place is where he is.  Our focus is to get a genuine quality CAM in the summer and if we want another RW.  I think putting him back at CAM reduces slightly his effectiveness.

• Like 2

Does anyone have links at the club shop or access to club numbers at all?
I would really like to know the sales % for names on shirts this year.
Firstly what % of those printed are actually JG10 shirts? My guess is that its 80%+
But also, how many England shirts are taken in now to have JG10 on the back too... it is going to be amazing to see 'one of our own' on England shirts all over Europe at Euro's and World Cups!

Any links or contacts that can give us some insight on the club shop %'s?

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

But isn’t he now? and it’s still no effort for him whether 1-2 passing with somebody else or jinks through them.  Then if he drags them left it leaves space in the middle for us.  His best place is where he is.  Our focus is to get a genuine quality CAM in the summer and if we want another RW.  I think putting him back at CAM reduces slightly his effectiveness.

What i meant, is that if he is put in CAM now, he gets crowded out more easily.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

His interviews are infinitely more interesting than any other footballer than I can think of.

Yep . He has this scary Mourinho like confidence when he speaks these days. Which other teams supporters will look at as arrogance. He is an extremely charismatic individual isnt he 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep . He has this scary Mourinho like confidence when he speaks these days. Which other teams supporters will look at as arrogance. He is an extremely charismatic individual isnt he 

He is definitely very charasmatic - like the version of Mourinho when he first came to England. As opposed to Mourinho though he always just speaks honestly and openly. Someone posted the interview the other day from after the Burton game where he just completely opened up on the situation in the summer about going or staying. It's never here are the lines I've learned in the media training and that's what you're getting from me. 9 times out of 10 what he has to say is interesting.

50 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

His interviews are infinitely more interesting than any other footballer than I can think of.

His mate Maddison gave a really good one recently, post match on the telly.

• Like 2

Great interview that. He sounds as happy as a pig in muck. I know we will have done well to finish in the top half considering last season, but we should absolutely push for a European place. From what Jack said there, it sounds like they want it too. We’ve got enough characters in the squad that won’t be phased by that, and with Jack’s confidence and attitude spreading to others, I hope they give there all to try and get it. 

He’s enjoying playing in a winning side. Scoring goals and assisting most weeks. Absolutely Smashing it in the Prem and finally getting into the NT and impressing there. Captaining his club, seeing clear progression like he wants.

Then you have Lineker, Merson, Ian Wright, Jenas, basically every pundit, journalist and rival fans all over social media reaffirming what he already knows anyway; he’s the talk of world of football at the moment. Add that to being Good looking, rich, and it’d be hard not to be captain charisma under those circumstances. My gf is actually jealous i pay more attention to Jack than her 😆. Even my Mum loves him and shes never been into football. He just has this aura about him, infectious lovable brummy 😍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

with Jack’s confidence and attitude spreading to others

That's a massive thing isn't it? - the effect it has. Whether persuading Ross and Tammy to come to Villa, or just rubbing off on other players generally. He's an absolute once in a lifetime player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I know he is only just getting into the England set up but could he ever become England Captain? 

Not if Southgate is manager it has to be someone that is a guaranteed starter.

Â