The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've just watched it again and I can't see where you can can glean anything other then it being pure speculation, probably hearing and seeing what I want to believe, however, I'd say it was more along the lines of what birdman says about the media speculation being linked to how poor we were and the inevitable of if we'd gone down, as Genie says we will never know but I'd be surprised if it got to serious acceptable offer to the club level and as Jack says it was an easy strait forward decision for him.

Thank god hawkeye was on our side.

Clubs don’t give players big new contracts unless there is strong interest from elsewhere.

Jack signed one the year before too didn’t he?

If there was no firm interest I don’t think Jack would say he was 50/50 about leaving, especially as a Villa fan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I assume this is sarcasm, but we must stop perpetuating the myth that we'd have been relegated without hawk eye. Not only could we have still gone on to get the same result we did against Sheff Utd, but every game after that could have had a different outcome as a result.

We'd have stayed up even more comfortably if not due to other technological/VAR failings, so it's largely irrelevant. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I assume this is sarcasm, but we must stop perpetuating the myth that we'd have been relegated without hawk eye. Not only could we have still gone on to get the same result we did against Sheff Utd, but every game after that could have had a different outcome as a result.

We'd have stayed up even more comfortably if not due to other technological/VAR failings, so it's largely irrelevant. 

you can say that again, some of the crap online has been unreal, we were well and truly on the wrong end on it for the most part, the Kevin Friend one was ridiculous and he shouldn't be refereeing at any level now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Clubs don’t give players big new contracts unless there is strong interest from elsewhere.

Jack signed one the year before too didn’t he?

If there was no firm interest I don’t think Jack would say he was 50/50 about leaving, especially as a Villa fan. 

I guess so Genie and if things carry on as they are, hopefully we won't have to go through the same crap again at the end of this season.

UTV

• Like 1

I have two good mates who happen to be WBA fans. Their opinions of Jack are revealing. One is the classic envious and bitter type - grudgingly acknowledges that Jack is a gifted player, but always salts it with "but diver", "but girly hairstyle", etc. The other is unequivocal - he says straight up that Jack is the best footballer in England, and top ten in the world. Mind you, he's a fair minded and wise judge of a player. I remember him saying much the same about Sid Cowans in his pomp. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've just watched it again and I can't see where you can can glean anything other then it being pure speculation, probably hearing and seeing what I want to believe, however, I'd say it was more along the lines of what birdman says about the media speculation being linked to how poor we were and the inevitable of if we'd gone down, as Genie says we will never know but I'd be surprised if it got to serious acceptable offer to the club level and as Jack says it was an easy strait forward decision for him.

Yes I think so and it would have been a real knife edge scenario for Jack prior to our survival being confirmed. I expect the owners were on the blower quick time after that final game and as you say Jack wouldnt have taken much convincing. But the "what if" scenario must have been playing through his mind and I don't think that was nessecarily linked to any firm offers.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned about his boots being all white the other day after the Southampton game. He’s just shared on his story a post from BWbootsUK and it looks like he was wearing boots supplied by BW boots. Edit - they’re white out Nike boots  

A674-A424-D403-4-FF4-A6-F6-14-FD4-B9-AD8

A09721-BF-5-B86-4094-AF07-1470300-AC6-CC

Edited by villan-scott
Correction on boots
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Someone mentioned about his boots being all white the other day after the Southampton game. He’s just shared on his story a post from BWbootsUK and it looks like he was wearing BW boots. Not heard of them before or the company. 

Are they not just a supplier? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Someone mentioned about his boots being all white the other day after the Southampton game. He’s just shared on his story a post from BWbootsUK and it looks like he was wearing BW boots. Not heard of them before or the company. 

They're nike aren't they? Got the tick at the back...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Are they not just a supplier? 

Yeah, he is a Bike athlete so he wouldn't be caught in any other boot. Side note I feel like he has found an even smaller pair of socks. Does he just wear the kid sizes?  

On 31/01/2021 at 13:22, It's Your Round said:

Jack has taken the title for best Villa player in my lifetime now. I loved McGrath, still do, and Yorke was so exciting to watch. But Jack beats them now for me, he’s such a talent, we’ll do well to develop another like him again in the next 50 years. 

McGrath was the best defender I've ever seen, but prime Jack up against prime McGrath? No contest.

• Like 1

This season, in every single game he seems to do something I wouldn't have thought was possible. He finds angles that don't exist and does things that are outside of the imagination of most players, he's phenomenal. It's almost become something we take for granted - imagine any other Villa player putting in a performance like the one he put in against Southampton this week. If Barkley had done those things we'd be absolutely raving about him.

Interest in him will come, he's one of the best players in the world, but he did sign that deal, it happened and it's there, if we want to keep him, we can.

• Like 3

I have mates that never really rated him t hits highly because they only every saw him when their teams player Villa. But with lockdown and people pretty much watching every game that’s on they now accept how good he really is. I reckon that’s the same with many people. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This season, in every single game he seems to do something I wouldn't have thought was possible. He finds angles that don't exist and does things that are outside of the imagination of most players, he's phenomenal. It's almost become something we take for granted - imagine any other Villa player putting in a performance like the one he put in against Southampton this week. If Barkley had done those things we'd be absolutely raving about him.

Interest in him will come, he's one of the best players in the world, but he did sign that deal, it happened and it's there, if we want to keep him, we can.

The summer will be incessant with rumour but that is because of the nature of his talent. I imagine much disrespect will be thrown Villas way. Going to kept my eyes closed and fingers in my ears. I hope the pandemic gives us another year before serious decisions being made, as any suitors may not be able to fund the transfer. As a measure, Coutinho went for 105 million potentially rising to 142 million (bbc) Jan 2018. Neymar (200m) Mbappe (165.7m). He's that damn good.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I were Dean Smith, given that we are out of the cups, I would go all out on trying to capitalize on that wide open 4th CL spot. Who can take Jack away from Aston Villa when he's leading his boyhood team out to the CL theme at Villa Park and real belief that we can fight for a title? What could you realistically offer that's better than that?

• Like 1

Â