The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Although I wouldn’t Blame Jack, I can’t see him changing his mind again. And I’m not entirely sure how the Irish fans would feel about him playing for them now kinda being a second choice, would be interesting to hear any Irish fans opinion on it? I can’t imagine Roy Keane or James McClean giving him a warm welcome though...

He isnt allowed to change back and Roy Keane isnt in the IReland setup anymore

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Although I wouldn’t Blame Jack, I can’t see him changing his mind again. And I’m not entirely sure how the Irish fans would feel about him playing for them now kinda being a second choice, would be interesting to hear any Irish fans opinion on it? I can’t imagine Roy Keane or James McClean giving him a warm welcome though...

As an Irish fan I would welcome him back with open arms as will I'd imagine 90% of Irish fans. The other 10% will give out a be contrary at the start but they like all football fans have very short memories so once he produces he'll be accepted.

Roy is gone now and wouldn't welcome anyone in any case and Jack will be taking James McClean's place. Problem sorted.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He isnt allowed to change back and Roy Keane isnt in the IReland setup anymore

There are proposed rule changes which are due to be voted on later this year aren't there? Something about less than 3 caps and you can change although I have absolutely no idea of the detail of the proposed changes, and if you have already changed once what effect that has.

Southgate should be ashamed of himself, quite frankly. Imagine treating a player of Grealish's talent this way, particularly after the FA aggressively courted him and recruited him as a future England international from another country's U21 system. 

Regardless, we might have expected this from a waistcoat-wearing numpty who was so "desperate" to leave Villa to join the elite of English football that he went to the wilderness of Middlesbrough to win a League Cup.

I have nightmare visions of Jack going to United or similar and being drafted into the England squad as quickly as possible afterwards. All the bullshit that will stream out of Southgate's mouth then about his undeniable quality.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Southgate should be ashamed of himself, quite frankly. Imagine treating a player of Grealish's talent this way, particularly after the FA aggressively courted him and recruited him as a future England international from another country's U21 system. 

Regardless, we might have expected this from a waistcoat-wearing numpty who was so "desperate" to leave Villa to join the elite of English football that he went to the wilderness of Middlesbrough to win a League Cup.

I have nightmare visions of Jack going to United or similar and being drafted into the England squad as quickly as possible afterwards. All the bullshit that will stream out of Southgate's mouth then about his undeniable quality.

Little,  Gidman,  Morley and Shaw.  Seen it all before,  they want them to move to get a game for England and it suits the FA's plan of looking after Man utd and making sure that place is happy before anything or anyone.  words removed.

England don't need Villa players,  that's why we at International level win all the time and have done since the 1970's.  Unbeatable.

The midlands as a whole should boycott watching England until they do it properly.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gareth Southgate comes home from St George’s Park with his pants in a plastic bag after forgetting he needed the toilet

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

His argument makes no sense. Jack gives a different style to all those players mentioned. It's why we have no plan B. When we come up against an average but we'll organised defence the pace of rashford et al means nothing as you cannot get in behind them. It's why time and again we come unstuck against these well drilled sides.

Keep picking your four fast clones, you'll keep having the same issues. Foden and Jack offer something different

I totally agree....I too don't see Jack as a direct comparison that Southgate seems to see.....but hey ho....He is the manager.....I see jack as more versatile than those he is being compared with by Southgate.

Jack does offer something different, like carrying the ball and the sublime weight of his passes......I would have thought at International level, this is a crucial trait to have and not many have....Jack is adept at getting players to foul him to get the ball, another tactical weapon at International level, to win territorial advantage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

His argument makes no sense. Jack gives a different style to all those players mentioned. It's why we have no plan B. When we come up against an average but we'll organised defence the pace of rashford et al means nothing as you cannot get in behind them. It's why time and again we come unstuck against these well drilled sides.

Keep picking your four fast clones, you'll keep having the same issues. Foden and Jack offer something different

That's the key for me.  It's not relevant if Jack is or isn't as good as the other players, it's that he is different to them. Offers a completely different dynamic.  So when the chips are down and England need to make a change Southgate is proposing to carry on doing the same thing just swapping one similar player with another, so nothing changes you are just hoping that player manages to do something better than the other. 

His inability to recognise this badly exposes his limitations as a manager. 

• Like 4

Â