The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I had a good chuckle at the crap published in the MailOnline today about United ‘talking to Jack’ with no quotes again. 

I also love the idea that we are going to sell our generational talent and lynchpin in exchange for Henderson or Romero on LOAN! 

run away get out GIF by UKTV

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But he hasn’t changed country. He’s stated that he wants to play for England but he has no caps. 

Diego Costa got friendly caps for Brazil and changed to Spain when he was like 25

He had to submit official paperwork to declare for England as did Declan Rice as they were, at the time of making the decision, "Irish" in the eyes of FIFA. With Costa, it was slightly different as he was born in Brazil and changed to Spain - only one change. Had he switched to Spain, maybe played some friendly games and then wanted to switch back to Brazil then he wouldn't have been permitted. Grealish and Rice have officially made their one nationality change and under the current rules you can't change twice.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

He had to submit official paperwork to declare for England as did Declan Rice as they were, at the time of making the decision, "Irish" in the eyes of FIFA. With Costa, it was slightly different as he was born in Brazil and changed to Spain - only one change. Had he switched to Spain, maybe played some friendly games and then wanted to switch back to Brazil then he wouldn't have been permitted. Grealish and Rice have officially made their one nationality change and under the current rules you can't change twice.

I'm interested to see if anyone has a source on this. I always thought until you were actually capped, it didn't matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Gareth southgate has a bidet in every bathroom 

Will never understand the Brit aversion to bidets.  If you can find a more thorough method to clean the clag out of my cleft after a hefty one (outside of Viz's fictitious clag-be-gone bicycle) then I'd sure like to feel it.

15 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Gareth Southgate cold calls for motor insurance claims

They are incredibly annoying. Try what I do:

Them: Hi I heard you were involved in an accident that wasnt your fault

Me: I was in an accident yes! 

Them: Really, when was this?

Me: Yesterday, but it was totally me fault

Them: erm...

Me: Yeah I was really really drunk and driving super fast

Them: well.....

Me: but i think i got away with it - such a shame about that cop car, so you can help me can you?!

Them: *hangs up*

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm interested to see if anyone has a source on this. I always thought until you were actually capped, it didn't matter.

I'll be honest I don't have a source but it was discussed a lot at the time in the Irish media because as you can imagine losing two players with their potential in such a short space of time was a big blow to a team fairly devoid of quality. And there was extensive discussion of the rules surrounding the switch and so on. Below though is something I found from an article explaining the rules. It's from Goal.com but they are quoting FIFA rules.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fifa-national-team-eligibility-rules-players-who-have/1hndiedxd2d4h1jfved27pg4go

Article 8.1. explains that such individuals may "only once" request to change their national team association, subject to the following conditions:
"a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.
b) He is not permitted to play for his new association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous association."

EDIT: The article is from two years ago but I don't think that anything has changed.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'll be honest I don't have a source but it was discussed a lot at the time in the Irish media because as you can imagine losing two players with their potential in such a short space of time was a big blow to a team fairly devoid of quality. And there was extensive discussion of the rules surrounding the switch and so on. Below though is something I found from an article explaining the rules. It's from Goal.com but they are quoting FIFA rules.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fifa-national-team-eligibility-rules-players-who-have/1hndiedxd2d4h1jfved27pg4go

Article 8.1. explains that such individuals may "only once" request to change their national team association, subject to the following conditions:
"a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.
b) He is not permitted to play for his new association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous association."

EDIT: The article is from two years ago but I don't think that anything has changed.

Thanks, I had a look myself and can't seem to find anything concrete.

It would seem bizarre to me that you can't change your nationality to whatever you like without having got a cap. But What you've posted does seem to suggest that

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thanks, I had a look myself and can't seem to find anything concrete.

It would seem bizarre to me that you can't change your nationality to whatever you like without having got a cap. But What you've posted does seem to suggest that

Yeah I agree, it is bizzare, but there is a flaw in your thinking, and that is you're trying to assume there is some sort of logic to rules that FIFA have produced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Why was Grealish Irish in the eyes of Fifa when he was born in England?

edit: just realised he represent Republic of Ireland at youth level. Didn’t realise that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Will never understand the Brit aversion to bidets.  If you can find a more thorough method to clean the clag out of my cleft after a hefty one (outside of Viz's fictitious clag-be-gone bicycle) then I'd sure like to feel it.

Take the head off the shower and push down the main connector, bend down a little and push the head between you buttocks, you can feel the water building up, wait a minute and it discharges with the contents of your lower bowel leaving a godlike level of anal hygiene 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Take the head off the shower and push down the main connector, bend down a little and push the head between you buttocks, you can feel the water building up, wait a minute and it discharges with the contents of your lower bowel leaving a godlike level of anal hygiene 

Beyond concerning. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

You might have a godlike feeling of anal hygiene but you'd have shit all over your legs. Priorities I guess.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You might have a godlike feeling of anal hygiene but you'd have shit all over your legs. Priorities I guess.

And a blown arsehole that would require stitches by the sounds of things but **** me your tubes would be clean

Â