The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

How effective would he have been if he'd been playing behind a front 3 of Sterling, Sancho and Kane though?

I see him as playing a fairly free attacking role where he drifts left. Imagine how much more space the wingers will get with opponents having to worry about Jack.

That's it southgate failed to see what positives Grealish could offer in the squad. One of those positives is drawing many a player towards him, opposition feel the need to gang up on him, so at the moment that happens he draws fouls or send a pass through to the forward line.

How the hell southgate doesnt see what the common sense people see about Grealish I do not bloody know.

I wont sending coal to Southgate for Christmas I will be throwing it at him, has lost any last respect I had for him after this.

He should not of left Grealish out of the squad when he is a totally different player to everyone in that team. Grealish is someone that if you utilise properly could lead to many dangerous scenarios as we well know. He can hold up the ball, he can drive the ball, he can draw fouls, he can whip one in from anywhere and score, can put keepers under pressure in an instant. Sure he is rubbish at free kicks (yes free kick), but you just never know what Jack is going to pull off, hes random and you need that kind of player in the england squad.

England need rid of Southgate, he makes the wrong choices for squad selection.

And I dont even need to go on about his image and how he thinks hes visiting the queen or going to play snooker whenever hes on the sideline, ridiculous how much he just doesnt look like an England coach.

Southgate can get Super F***ed for all I care now.

More from Birmingham Mails Preece on Southgate today... 

Gareth Southgate's lame Jack Grealish England excuse was crass, unprofessional & didn't stack up

Aston Villa comment - It's the morning after the night before and Gareth Southgate has provided his reasoning as to why he left out Aston Villa's star performer... 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/southgate-england-aston-villa-grealish-18829322?fbclid=IwAR2V6I2Cu8odMtCUcQtm9eVM-wSYv-cFqq37K3wjKFSp7-84hoNHFT2DSyk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Gareth Southgate's lame Jack Grealish England excuse was crass, unprofessional & didn't stack up

Aston Villa comment - It's the morning after the night before and Gareth Southgate has provided his reasoning as to why he left out Aston Villa's star performer... 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/southgate-england-aston-villa-grealish-18829322?fbclid=IwAR2V6I2Cu8odMtCUcQtm9eVM-wSYv-cFqq37K3wjKFSp7-84hoNHFT2DSyk

To be fair, that is spot on.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The only reason Jack hasn't been AS successful for us in the middle of the park as he was in the Championship is the quality of the rest of the team.

He's forced to drop deeper and deeper to receive the ball and try to make things happen and that leaves little for him to work with going forward as he's basically the only good attacking player too.

With England he wouldn't (or shouldn't) have that issue. He'd have defensive midfielders like Henderson or Rice to do that dirty work for him and give him the ball, and he'd have genuinely world class players like Kane, Sterling and Sancho to work with going forward.

If Southgate can't see this, or can't implement a system that gets players like Grealish and Madison involved regularly then he's not fit for the job. And like I said before, we're going to end up wasting what could be, genuinely, a fantastic generation of attacking England players (we're not so blessed at the back) because he's too safe

England have their most talented team in my living memory (I'm 32). This team is streets ahead of the mid 2000's team although that defence was much better and defence is very important at international tournaments. And it's all going to be wasted with Southgate as manager. Now I'm Irish so this doesn't upset me greatly but it's crazy to think that the FA can't see this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

England have their most talented team in my living memory (I'm 32). This team is streets ahead of the mid 2000's team although that defence was much better and defence is very important at international tournaments. And it's all going to be wasted with Southgate as manager. Now I'm Irish so this doesn't upset me greatly but it's crazy to think that the FA can't see this.

It's shocking! The next decade or so will be England's best chance for ages of actually winning something and the FA just want a spineless yes man in charge.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

I think defence and goalkeeper means I can't rate the team, on paper, as highly as that "golden generation". 

But certainly midfield and attack we should be on the brink of a genuinely brilliant team. I keep saying it but Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Grealish, Madison, Foden is a selection of attackers that most teams in the world would envy (or at least will envy when players like Foden fully develop)

Maybe out and out strikers we're lacking a little bit with Kane probably being the only top quality option. But it's a very good selection.

One of the reasons this Grealish stuff annoys me so much is it feels like we're wasting massive potential in the whole squad by excluding players like him and Madison.

• Like 2

I think the early 2000s team was way more balanced but had much tougher opposition. This England team could win stuff, even with average defensive mids and centre halves. But Southgate will hold them back.

England's central midfield is very poor, Winks, Rice, Henderson, and so on aren't bad players but they're all of the same type, basically holding midfielders, there's nothinig in the way of decent box-to-box midfielders or attacking centre-midfielders.

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is it? Don't get the reference

The last few weeks Newcastle fans have been demanding that the premier league to give them details of why their takeover failed. You said Southgate should be forced to give the true reason behind not selecting Jack, just a tongue in cheek play on that 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

England's central midfield is very poor, Winks, Rice, Henderson, and so on aren't bad players but they're all of the same type, basically holding midfielders, there's nothinig in the way of decent box-to-box midfielders or attacking centre-midfielders.

Grealish or Madison could both be used as excellent attacking central midfielders if Southgate wanted to.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kingman said:

People couldn't believe Southgate actually said that when villareport first tweeted it (usually posts bullsh*t the fake ITK) because it's so ridiculous. I think it shows his agenda. Yes Mings got picked but what better way to say **** you to the Villa fans than to not pick the golden boy of the club. Almost as if he's picking Mings so he has an excuse. One things for certain, he hasn't forgotten and it at least had an influence.

Grow up you Child Snatcher!

Edited by SeanVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a massive mistake that seems illogical. I really can't understand Southgate's rationale at all. Even if he doesnt start he is a very useful squad player that can alter a game. He is a starter for me though, whatever formation and what ever forward line he choses, Grealish gets a midfield berth for me above anyone else.

I don't see Southgate backing down, only becoming more entrenched in his view. I don't see Jack getting into a Southgate squad barring several injuries or a change of manager.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Its a massive mistake that seems illogical. I really can't understand Southgate's rationale at all. Even if he doesnt start he is a very useful squad player that can alter a game. He is a starter for me though, whatever formation and what ever forward line he choses, Grealish gets a midfield berth for me above anyone else.

I don't see Southgate backing down, only becoming more entrenched in his view. I don't see Jack getting into a Southgate squad barring several injuries or a change of manager.

Agreed. Hope England lose every game moving forward.

Â