The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Its a massive mistake that seems illogical. I really can't understand Southgate's rationale at all. Even if he doesnt start he is a very useful squad player that can alter a game. He is a starter for me though, whatever formation and what ever forward line he choses, Grealish gets a midfield berth for me above anyone else.

I don't see Southgate backing down, only becoming more entrenched in his view. I don't see Jack getting into a Southgate squad barring several injuries or a change of manager.

Yep agreed, I’m November when Jack didn’t get selected there were a lot of pundits saying it’s wrong. The longer it goes on, and the longer Jack improves (which he will), the more Southgate will look stupid. But every time he’ll resist to call him up. Go into the Euros and lose like we did against Iceland a few years back and Southgate will fall on his sword.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Agreed. Hope England lose every game moving forward.

But they won't.

We are all huge Grealish fans and we are biased obviously, but that doesn't take away that Mount, Rashford, Greeenwood and Sterling are very, very good players. England will do very well with forward players like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But they won't.

We are all huge Grealish fans and we are biased obviously, but that doesn't take away that Mount, Rashford, Greeenwood and Sterling are very, very good players. England will do very well with forward players like that.

Agreed. Hence why I said hope! Not gonna happen though. I hope Villa win the league!

Wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer request go in before the season starts if we don't sign at least three starting players.

Hopefully they're speaking to him about it because I'd be concerned if I was him.

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't get i either, it must be a luxury problem to have a player on the team who is good at both playing LW and CM/ACM?

Exactly. He is an ideal squad player for an international squad, even if he doesn’t fit the preferred system for the starting 11.

The thing that annoys me the most is that ok he may not like him, ok he might not think he will fit into his system, So ok don’t play him but just put him in the squad. Take a closer look at him train, see how he interacts with the rest of the squad, I could accept him not being in the starting 11 or even a used sub but just take a look at him closer you waistcoat w****r.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Cascarino was on talksport too touting Jack for Ireland. Great to hear!

Although I wouldn’t Blame Jack, I can’t see him changing his mind again. And I’m not entirely sure how the Irish fans would feel about him playing for them now kinda being a second choice, would be interesting to hear any Irish fans opinion on it? I can’t imagine Roy Keane or James McClean giving him a warm welcome though...

Â