The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Is he really gonna walk away from the captaincy and his boyhood club to turn out against us for another club if we stay up... I think I'd lose some respect for him tbh. Can't imagine him kissing another badge or playing against us at VP.....disgusting thought. I know hes been here along time but ain't we all lol. 

If I was the villa owner and we stay up there's not a chance in hell he leaves. With the right signings and more performances like tonight we can move up the table. I genuinely believe we will buy big if we stay up. We're not going to be in any relegation fights again if we stay up this season.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people on here are jumping to be vindicated by what they were harping on for months about with no evidence, but he gave an honest answer. "I'm not sure". In other words, if we get relegated on Sunday, he's definitely off. If we don't then it's up in the air. It would depend on offers from other teams, whether or not the club are receptive to said offers, whether or not the ownership can make a good pitch to Jack in the summer etc. In other words, nobody has a **** clue. What would you have had him say "Yeah I'm definitely staying mate, VTIDoi even if we get relega'ed"?

• Like 3

He's off. Classic question deflection. 

You can't blame him. He's 25 now.  Maybe hang around here for 2 or 3 years to see if we can develop or go to Man U who unfortunately and completely unseen by me seem to have suddenly got back into things.  Maybe not Champions of England for a while yet but they will be In Europe, in the top of PL mix and probably Cup finals starting NOW and with some young players probably getting better and better each season. 

It's been a privilege watching him play for us. He's given us great service way way beyond what any other player of his ability would have given us. 

It would be very fitting if he could captain us to what looked a very unlikely survival season end. 

Edited by sidcow

I've been a critic of his of late but he played a captain's match tonight. Thought the question from the interviewer at the end was beyond stupid. Jack answered it well.

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If I was the villa owner and we stay up there's not a chance in hell he leaves. With the right signings and more performances like tonight we can move up the table. I genuinely believe we will buy big if we stay up. We're not going to be in any relegation fights again if we stay up this season.

Spending big doesn’t always mean no relegation fight. Look at West Ham! 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's off. Classic question deflection. 

You can't blame him. He's 25 now.  Maybe hang around here for 2 or 3 years to see if we can develop or go to Man U who unfortunately and completely unseen by me seem to have suddenly got back into things.  Maybe not Champions of England for a while yet but they will be In Europe, in the top of PL mix and probably Cup finals starting NOW and with some young players probably getting better and better each season. 

It's been a privilege watching him play for us. He's given us great service way way beyond what any other player of his ability would have given us. 

It would be very fitting if he could captain us to what looked a very unlikely survival season end. 

They have Fernandes and Rashford in the 2 positions he would play in. He's not getting into that team. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spending big doesn’t always mean no relegation fight. Look at West Ham! 

I believe we will have learnt so much from this season that we won't make the same mistakes again.

15 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

He's off and good luck to him. Easily the best player we've ever produced. Deserves his seat at the Champions League table. Will applaud him for the rest of his career.

In your lifetime. We produced a player that won the european young player of year award back in 82. He is good though!

• Like 1

got asked "is the weekend your last game in a Villa shirt?"

answer - "not sure right now"

sounds like he's already left in his head, would have expected him to bat that question away for the good of the squad and the last game, bit of a silly answer tbh.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

got asked "is this the your last game in a Villa shirt?"

answer - "not sure right now"

Is he not playing on Sunday?  Why would this game be his last game in a Villa shirt? 

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is he not playing on Sunday?  Why would this game be his last game in a Villa shirt? 

Was asked is this your last game in a Villa shirt at Villa Park.

• Thanks 1

I have no doubt in my mind that one day grealish will win the champions league as the best player on his team. Whatever anyone wants to say about grealish the only player in this league who can compare to him in creativity is De bruyne and aside from the 4 greatest of all time all of the rest are midfielders. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico and now Grealish. When it is all said and done I think he will be considered to be the greatest English player since 66.

• Like 3

Â