The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Wait. @sir_gary_cahill is Jack’s brother?

(I’ll gloss over his page 1 comparison of Jack to Adam Johnson though.) :ph34r:

Seems like a long time ago now! Who would have thought what Jack Grealish would go go on to achieve in a Villa shirt? People on here were laughing at me when I compared him to Adam Johnson back then but Jack Grealish has already done far more in his career than Adam Johnson has ever done

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

£300k per week. Buy Tammy. + 4 other quality players. F*ck FFP. 

Slap it on the table NSWE

Why are people so obsessed with Tammy?

I do rate him, but nowhere near the amount of wages and/or transfer fee he would likely command.

Has limitations as well IMO.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why are people so obsessed with Tammy?

I do rate him, but nowhere near the amount of wages and/or transfer fee he would likely command.

Has limitations as well IMO.

Strikers without limitations don't come to clubs like us, unless we discover them in other leagues, but that is often a gamble, sometimes it pays off (benteke), sometimes it doesn't. 

Tammy has shown he can score goals in the premier league and knows and has a great relationship with Villa. 

While there are no certainties in football, he would be much less of a gamble than other players (Wesley, samatta) and that is something you pay for. 

He's also still very young and would at the very least retain his value. 

• Like 4

I am more in the camp that “if we were relegated I’m off” rather than it’s a done deal. It may still happen, obviously but think it’s a conversation to have properly after Sunday.

For me, if he does go, I hope it is abroad to somewhere like Dortmund. If it in England, then I hope it would be either Liverpool or Man City. They are the only clubs that I genuinely think are not catchable with proper investment. With FFP potentially blown out of the water as well, I think should we stay up, we will be making better signings and looking up, not down. Jack will realise that, hopefully. 

Also if he does go it would be a shame, but no player is bigger than the club. We move on and look to build.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Seems like a long time ago now! Who would have thought what Jack Grealish would go go on to achieve in a Villa shirt? People on here were laughing at me when I compared him to Adam Johnson back then but Jack Grealish has already done far more in his career than Adam Johnson has ever done

Apart from winning  a title and an FA cup :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

I am more in the camp that “if we were relegated I’m off” rather than it’s a done deal. It may still happen, obviously but think it’s a conversation to have properly after Sunday.

For me, if he does go, I hope it is abroad to somewhere like Dortmund. If it in England, then I hope it would be either Liverpool or Man City. They are the only clubs that I genuinely think are not catchable with proper investment. With FFP potentially blown out of the water as well, I think should we stay up, we will be making better signings and looking up, not down. Jack will realise that, hopefully. 

Also if he does go it would be a shame, but no player is bigger than the club. We move on and look to build.

You reckon if Sancho goes to Man U, Dortmund would look at him as a replacement?

Different types of player though no?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You reckon if Sancho goes to Man U, Dortmund would look at him as a replacement?

They would probably put reus back out wide and grealish in the middle. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I have no doubt in my mind that one day grealish will win the champions league as the best player on his team. Whatever anyone wants to say about grealish the only player in this league who can compare to him in creativity is De bruyne and aside from the 4 greatest of all time all of the rest are midfielders. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico and now Grealish. When it is all said and done I think he will be considered to be the greatest English player since 66.

He’d be closer to de bruyne in assists if he had players who could finish. At least 2 clear cut chances missed in the last two games 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly, but I was mentioning them more as that was the latest name to be linked rather than a genuine thought he would go there.

I don’t know if any of you remember a bloke called Agbonlahor? He used to play for us, sometimes when he could be bothered. Anyway he reckons if he was Jack he’d leave us in the summer. Didn’t he also like to be called “Mr Aston Villa” Thanks for your support, you do remember which club it was who gave you your extravagant lifestyle don’t you? Perhaps not, after all you have been to bed since then. rocket polisher! 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t know if any of you remember a bloke called Agbonlahor? He used to play for us, sometimes when he could be bothered. Anyway he reckons if he was Jack he’d leave us in the summer. Didn’t he also like to be called “Mr Aston Villa” Thanks for your support, you do remember which club it was who gave you your extravagant lifestyle don’t you? Perhaps not, after all you have been to bed since then. rocket polisher! 

Tbf, Agbonlahor probably regrets not leaving us when he had the opportunity and when he was in that position. It makes sense why he'd tell Jack to do the same.

I appreciate the honesty, tbh.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Pretty strong overreaction here. Similar to when Hourihane made his comments. I don't get the difficulty in realising that if Jack gets the chance to go to City or United that it'd be a good move for his career.

Gabby probably should have left himself when the likes of Arsenal were showing interest so he's pretty well placed to comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yeah, no kidding.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Doesn't he have some kind of release clause in his contract? Wouldn't surprise me if someone has triggered that already.

No he does not. The club has stated numerous time that none of our players have release clauses. The only one who might have a clause in his contract is Luiz as a buy back. 

I wouldn’t begrudge Jack a move to a top side.

Our project is still in its early phases and at his age with his international prospects he needs to test himself with world class players if the opportunity is there.

He will never know how good he is until he tests himself. I wish we were in a position to allow him to realise it but the reality is we aren’t and won’t be for years.

Does that mean I won’t be sad - no.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

They would probably put reus back out wide and grealish in the middle. 

they have julian brandt in there too

I can see Dortmund making him work still though, they lost gotze and schurrle (who weren't playing anyway) if they lose Sancho they still have reus, reyna, hazard, brandt and now Bellingham and Sergio Gomez coming back from loan, I think jack fits because they come inside and have proper width from full back but without that Sancho money I cant see it happening

if Sancho doesn't move to utd and Havertz goes to Chelsea for less money than Jack moves for I think a utd move would create huge scrutiny, I give it until October before the word "flop" is first used, would be a horrible move

Â