The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

the problem with jack the captain is that the club have been happy to pocket as much money as possible from his face for the last 6 years, they made him mr aston villa when he was 18 and we were utter **** dogshit, we put the weight of the club on his shoulders during the relegation and the years in the championship, we put our whole PL survival on his shoulders this year, he is this football club

but someone else should be captain?

that doesn't work

The armband is just that. An armband. You're crazy if you think Mings, Reina, Luiz etc... aren't vocal on the pitch and doing their part to drive the team on. It's not just the one with the armband that organises the team on the pitch.

• Like 2

Grealish being captain has never sat comfortably with me, the lad is brilliant, but didn’t believe he needed it to improve his game, sometimes I believe it hampers it. For me McGinn should be the next captain.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Grealish being captain has never sat comfortably with me, the lad is brilliant, but didn’t believe he needed it to improve his game, sometimes I believe it hampers it. For me McGinn should be the next captain.

Dont think Jack should be captain but neither McGinn.  I've seen a captain's bone in McGinn's body, he isnt bollocking players or organising set plays.  I struggle to see who is a captain figure in this team but I dont see McGinn as that person.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 03:56, MotoMkali said:

He was fine as a captain in the championship because our team always had 3 other captains in it. Mings is captain material, Tuanzebe had been captain in every side he played in for the last 6 years, Hourihane was a captain, Whelan was a captain. Chester and Jedinak were in the locker room remember Chester was our club captain Jack was just his stand in.

Hutton had been playing for us for years, adomah had been there and done it and Abraham was unreasonably confident. The team didn't need a captain it needed someone to galvanise the fans and give us hope for going up which is what it did. 

What we have missed this year are leaders. They don't need to be experienced but someone like Tuanzebe who could give us another commanding presence would have been nice. We needed another captain in the middle of the park as well since Jack moved out wide our midfield never showed for the ball or really was responsible for anything. 

Luiz seems to be doing a fine job at moment since restart, seems to be dishing out orders from his position and hes certainly been a dominating presence since restart.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nominated for young player of the year 

What? What age is he? 24? That young player of the year award takes the piss sometimes.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

What? What age is he? 24? That young player of the year award takes the piss sometimes.

23 at the start of the season

Its needed rewording to breakthrough for years, sterling and Bernardo silva were in the running for it last year 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Dont think Jack should be captain but neither McGinn.  I've seen a captain's bone in McGinn's body, he isnt bollocking players or organising set plays.  I struggle to see who is a captain figure in this team but I dont see McGinn as that person.

Mings could be if he upped his game a little. He has the character to be a real vocal leader in there.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

23 at the start of the season

Its needed rewording to breakthrough for years, sterling and Bernardo silva were in the running for it last year 

I think they need to make it more like a rookie of the season award.

Something like if you're in your first full season (say over 20 games or something) then you qualify.

Remember James Milner was in the running for it in something like his 8th season playing in the prem.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Mings could be if he upped his game a little. He has the character to be a real vocal leader in there.

I don’t disagree, I would though like him to focus himself because he still makes mistakes which I generally see when he’s overcompensating for others downfalls.  I think he’ll make a great captain one day.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

(probably) his last game at Villa Park tonight. As a villa player anyway. A sad day.

I hope he gives us something to cheer about in his last game

We don’t know if he’ll stay or go, if he does leave, he’ll go with my blessing, he’s carried us for a long time now, he’s earned a move with his performances I think. If he does leave, it will allow the likes of Jacob Ramsey a chance to shine

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We don’t know if he’ll stay or go, if he does leave, he’ll go with my blessing, he’s carried us for a long time now, he’s earned a move with his performances I think. If he does leave, it will allow the likes of Jacob Ramsey a chance to shine

We don't know, but I know what I'd bet on.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We don't know, but I know what I'd bet on.

Because of the likes of Milner, Young and Downing leaving previously? Maybe these new owners are serious? They seem to be, they’ve pumped an awful lot of money in already 

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because of the likes of Milner, Young and Downing leaving previously? Maybe these new owners are serious? They seem to be, they’ve pumped an awful lot of money in already 

No, because of the fact Jack Grealish is one of the best players in the league and we're one of the worst teams in the league.

I've no doubt we'll do what we can to keep him. But I think at the stage of his career that Jack is at and his ability, he'll be leaving.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

(probably) his last game at Villa Park tonight. As a villa player anyway. A sad day.

I hope he gives us something to cheer about in his last game

Yeah 100% he already looks like a player thats accepted he is leaving us.

Will wish him well but i dont think he is good enough for the top level. He is too inconsistent for me

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No, because of the fact Jack Grealish is one of the best players in the league and we're one of the worst teams in the league.

I've no doubt we'll do what we can to keep him. But I think at the stage of his career that Jack is at and his ability, he'll be leaving.

He’s been very loyal to us so far, if he does leave this Summer, he’ll go with my blessing but then the likes of Jacob Ramsey will have an opportunity. No player is bigger than the club, regardless of how good they are

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah 100% he already looks like a player thats accepted he is leaving us.

Will wish him well but i dont think he is good enough for the top level. He is too inconsistent for me

I think he could play in any team and improve them

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he could play in any team and improve them

I think he could play in any top team and look improved himself too

The better players around him let him play in space stuff is a broken record by now but that's because it's so true 

• Like 4

Â