The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Tifo did a football finances thing last week and in it, they said that experts are forecasting a 25% drop in player valuation this summer. This will also be a factor in any potential sale.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why was he even asked if leaving? They wouldn’t do that to other players. They should’ve been focusing on the win. Sky are rocket polishers

Ian Wright said it was an unprofessional question

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Tifo did a football finances thing last week and in it, they said that experts are forecasting a 25% drop in player valuation this summer. This will also be a factor in any potential sale.

Ake was rumoured to be worth 50 million last summer and is linked with 35 million at the moment. Not sure if thats a relegation clause or if thats the market

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ake was rumoured to be worth 50 million last summer and is linked with 35 million at the moment. Not sure if thats a relegation clause or if thats the market

Also if our owners are as minted as is rumoured then you can get business done for less. However, I doubt they've been untouched by the current situation.

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I still wouldn’t like it but I’d feel so much better if he went to Dortmund

With him saying in an interview that he could never play against us and that is the reason he has gone abroad

Jack Grealish, captain, leader, legend, one of our own

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ian Wright said it was an unprofessional question

Did the same to Pogba after we played then. It's an absolute disgrace to be honest. Tabloid reporting of the lowest nature.

Let's try and catch this guy who is emotionally and physically drained out for a click bait headline 

It's a weird Villa fan thing. I've never ever seen any fans of any club talk up a great player to leave as much as Villa fans do. 

Most clubs fans would repeat to eternity the player should stay. But here at this club there's this defeatist small time mindset that he should leave cause we aren't good enough. 

Makes you wonder why this club still exists. Sure isn't about winning trophies any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Most chances created in the league apart from KDB.

Absolutely shameful he isn't in the England squad.

Because he doesn't play for a glamorous club and there's no room for him if Mount has to play.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a weird Villa fan thing. I've never ever seen any fans of any club talk up a great player to leave as much as Villa fans do. 

Most clubs fans would repeat to eternity the player should stay. But here at this club there's this defeatist small time mindset that he should leave cause we aren't good enough. 

Makes you wonder why this club still exists. Sure isn't about winning trophies any more.

I can't agree with this - surely its just people being realistic. Jack Grealish is one of the best players in the entire Premier League. Any team would struggle to keep hold of him when he is performing at the level he is.

If he has the opportunity to go to one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country what makes you think that he'll stay? In reality about 5 or 6 teams have a realistic hope of winning trophies in a season with the odd surprise thrown in every now and again. Why would Grealish not want to go to a team who have a genuine chance of winning trophies year on year.

As long as we get the price we want for him I have no issue with him moving on and wish him all the best. Hopefully he can perform for us in the last game of the season and keep us up. Maybe if we can convince some top drawer players to sign for us we may be able to persuade Grealish that we are going somewhere.

If he leaves, I'll still be rooting for him. I know its supposed to be no one player is bigger than the club but Jack has given us so much that I can't help but want him to succeed wherever else he goes(of course, obviously not if to any significant detriment to Villa). 

If hypothetically speaking, he were to help lead England to glory in the World Cup or Euros, I'd be as chuffed for him as if it were a major to success to Aston Villa, even if he is no longer our player and hasn't been for a while. And I'm not even English.

Nice to see the amount of goodwill towards him. He was brilliant yesterday.

I too thought the question from the interviewer was unfair but he is a bit of poster boy for Sky, they couldn't stop putting the camera on him and talking about him before, during and after the game. I like how honest he is with his own performances admitting that he hadn't been as good as he was before the lockdown. He did the same earlier on the in the season.

He has look a bit frazzled at times over the past few weeks but just like at the beginning of the season its took him 5 or 6 games to get back to his best and he is  coming on strong now at just the right time. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Amazing that this thread was started by his brother 10 years ago. 

If we stay up, hes got to take a lot of credit for where we are now.

Stuff of dreams.

Wait. @sir_gary_cahill is Jack’s brother?

(I’ll gloss over his page 1 comparison of Jack to Adam Johnson though.) :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m not really sure where he could leave to?

Man U don’t seem like they need him with Fernandes and a rejuvenated Pogba. Can’t see Man City going for him with their depth in his position. Chelsea seem to have their sights on other signings. Maybe he would fit with Liverpool, but seen nothing linking him there. Maybe Spurs, but not sure he’s a Mourinho singing. He would be good for Arsenal, but I don’t think they’re likely to splash that kinda cash on him and they may well not be in Europe. All the rest, don’t have enough of a “big club” status and I don’t see Jack going abroad at this stage in his career. 

Grealish was back to his best against Arsenal, almost unplayable. Their Uruguayan player Torreira had a torrid time of it and later in the game he was bouncing off Grealish. Last night ok he still milks a few challenges but he also stood up to many, his physique, strength and speed was evident last night.

MOTM for me and I have given him some stick recently for his average performances since restart.

I hope he stays as i can only see him going if we are relegated. If we stay up, double his wages and sign maybe three players of quality to push us on?

Our owners are rich and he is under contract, surely Grealish wouldn't kick up a fuss to leave. Even if player sales are going to be low, we still would demand at least £100 million?

If we go down of course he will go and the price will be lower but still would need to be a fair price for our prized asset. 

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Â