The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

As a Villa  player I love Jack and think he has been brilliant for us. However, if we survive and he ****s off...... IMO he can **** right off. AVFC is all that matters.

Totally agree with your post. He's a Villa player and we need to be bullish. That sends a message out to potential signings that we're not effing about. If we survive then we cannot sell him. Unless we get close to 100 million. We need to be like Liverpool (shudders,,, that hurt) in the Coutinho situation. Get top top dollar.

• Like 2

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Totally agree with your post. He's a Villa player and we need to be bullish. That sends a message out to potential signings that we're not effing about. If we survive then we cannot sell him. Unless we get close to 100 million. We need to be like Liverpool (shudders,,, that hurt) in the Coutinho situation. Get top top dollar.

Exactly.

Some people dont see it like that though, they keep thinking he is off if we survive, only if the Owners say so while under contract.

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have no doubt in my mind that one day grealish will win the champions league as the best player on his team. Whatever anyone wants to say about grealish the only player in this league who can compare to him in creativity is De bruyne and aside from the 4 greatest of all time all of the rest are midfielders. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico and now Grealish. When it is all said and done I think he will be considered to be the greatest English player since 66.

This is where people start to lose me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is where people start to lose me...

It is just my opinion feel free to disagree. I may still be a bit high off of the adrenaline though so my points might be a bit ridiculous.

Still think he is going to win the champions league as the best player in his team though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have no doubt in my mind that one day grealish will win the champions league as the best player on his team. Whatever anyone wants to say about grealish the only player in this league who can compare to him in creativity is De bruyne and aside from the 4 greatest of all time all of the rest are midfielders. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico and now Grealish. When it is all said and done I think he will be considered to be the greatest English player since 66.

With all due respect. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico each have more ability in one of their eyelashes than the entire Premier League put together. Jack is a very talented boy and with better players can achieve great things. However the players that you mentioned are unbelievably gifted and on a totally different planet. Messi Ronaldo are the only current players who should be on that list. And those two are arguably the best of that list.

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly.

Some people dont see it like that though, they keep thinking he is off if we survive, only if the Owners say so while under contract.

In addition I don't give a f about his career. All I care about is Villa. How can he benefit us? If it's from a sale then fair enough. But if we stay up then suddenly all sales are off. Keeping him for a second season in the Premier League becomes even more important. He is a massive asset for us. He carries a huge goal threat.

Imagine we get another two goal threats in our team. Suddenly Grealish is even more dangerous. We saw that today. They weren't doubling up on him because trezeguet and mcginn were looking threatening.

Enough of this sentimental nonsense. He's ours and whilst we're in the Premier League we need to keep him. 160 free kicks. Had our set pieces been better during the season we'd be on 40 ISH points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect. Iniesta, Xavi, Cruyff, Pirlo, Zidane, Platini, Zico each have more ability in one of their eyelashes than the entire Premier League put together. Jack is a very talented boy and with better players can achieve great things. However the players that you mentioned are unbelievably gifted and on a totally different planet. Messi Ronaldo are the only current players who should be on that list. And those two are arguably the best of that list.

Yeah except for the 4 greatest which pretty much everyone agrees are Messi, Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona.

We will see what happens with Jack when he plays for a better side and like many have said he is very similar to iniesta in his overall contributions to his team not necessarily getting the final ball or the goal but being heavily involved in the build up play. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah except for the 4 greatest which pretty much everyone agrees are Messi, Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona.

We will see what happens with Jack when he plays for a better side and like many have said he is very similar to iniesta in his overall contributions to his team not necessarily getting the final ball or the goal but being heavily involved in the build up play. 

Socrates, Matthaus , Jairzinho, Gerson, Rivelino , Garrincha, Beckenbauer , Stoichkov, Hagi, Rivaldo. Gazza, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, 

By jove theres so many good Brazilians. Those are players I'd have ahead of Grealish. 

Jack clearly loves Villa but..... Here is the issue. I have known quite a few people over the years who supported a club because they hero worshipped a certain player. As an example my son-in-law is from Leeds but supports Blackburn because as a kid he loved Shearer. For me that idea corrupts the whole idea of supporting your club. My old man brought me up as a Villa fan and this song sums it up everything he taught me many decades ago. 

“When I was young my father said , son I have something to say, Son you’ll be a Villa fan, until your dying day, He said son you’ll  be a Villa fan, And that's the way to stay, Happy to be a Villa fan until your dying day...”

Players, managers, owners come and go but your club is for life.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Jack clearly loves Villa but..... Here is the issue. I have known quite a few people over the years who supported a club because they hero worshipped a certain player. As an example my son-in-law is from Leeds but supports Blackburn because as a kid he loved Shearer. For me that idea corrupts the whole idea of supporting your club. My old man brought me up as a Villa fan and this song sums it up everything he taught me many decades ago. 

“When I was young my father said , son I have something to say, Son you’ll be a Villa fan, until your dying day, He said son you’ll  be a Villa fan, And that's the way to stay, Happy to be a Villa fan until your dying day...”

Players, managers, owners come and go but your club is for life.

Lol my brother the... became a Newcastle fan because of Shearer. He is a season ticket holder now though has been for around 7 seasons. The season they came down with us was priceless he gave me grief all season but on the last day they joined us. Oh how I laughed and laughed and laughed. Obviously they came straight back.

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Socrates, Matthaus , Jairzinho, Gerson, Rivelino , Garrincha, Beckenbauer , Stoichkov, Hagi, Rivaldo. Gazza, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, 

By jove theres so many good Brazilians. Those are players I'd have ahead of Grealish. 

Well obviously not right now. I mean in 5 or 6 years once he has won stuff with top teams and not pissed his career away with us. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Who do people think he’s signing for though?  Man Utd don’t need him, Spurs don’t have Onomah available to exchange anymore. City and Liverpool unlikely to be after him so where does he go? 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Who do people think he’s signing for though?  Man Utd don’t need him, Spurs don’t have Onomah available to exchange anymore. City and Liverpool unlikely to be after him so where does he go? 

Dortmund or City. Dortmund needs someone to replace Sancho in terms of creativity and grealish is probably the best replacement for him available.

City will want to replace David silva and rumours Bernardo Silva wants to go back to Portugal. So a midfield 3 of De bruyne rodri and Grealish would be pretty unstoppable. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Dortmund or City. Dortmund needs someone to replace Sancho in terms of creativity and grealish is probably the best replacement for him available.

City will want to replace David silva and rumours Bernardo Silva wants to go back to Portugal. So a midfield 3 of De bruyne rodri and Grealish would be pretty unstoppable. 

I still wouldn’t like it but I’d feel so much better if he went to Dortmund

IF we stay up, then I think IMHO he stays one more year - he cannot ignore what that would mean / what he has done - he is definitely the sort to say 'feck it' to just one season of £150k more money - despite what we know about money and footballers. Let alone what NSWE would provide in sweeteners. 

If we stay up he will stay another year. We have a long contract on him and it shouldn’t be that hard to keep his head in check. He’s the captain of his boyhood club, living the dream. If we manage to do the business on Sunday it will be a similar feeling to the end of last season, he’ll be part of a positive team atmosphere, it’s not like he will be disillusioned with the club.  

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If we stay up he will stay another year. We have a long contract on him and it shouldn’t be that hard to keep his head in check. He’s the captain of his boyhood club, living the dream. If we manage to do the business on Sunday it will be a similar feeling to the end of last season, he’ll be part of a positive team atmosphere, it’s not like he will be disillusioned with the club.  

We have to promise to improve this team. He needs more players on his wavelength. More Douglas type players, especially up front. Can't be telling him to stick around for another relegation battle, that's just wasting a year where he could've been winning trophies.

Just now, Keyblade said:

We have to promise to improve this team. He needs more players on his wavelength. More Douglas type players, especially up front. Can't be telling him to stick around for another relegation battle, that's just wasting a year where he could've been winning trophies.

Oh no doubt but I believe we will. If we stay up we will no longer have to buy a whole new team, it will be about keeping this side together and making key purchases in key positions. 

His post match interview was less than convincing in terms of him staying.

I guess he could have done what a certain snake that shall not be named did, but I think his subconscious betrayed any attempt to hide the fact that he's gone whether we stay up or not.

Would love him to stay but can't see it. And like others have said, at that point he's just another ex-Villa player to me - no-one is bigger than the club.

Â