The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

How could he say anything other than he did? The relegation fight isn't over yet. I'm open minded about him furthering his career but I don't think that reaction was quite as conclusive as people are saying. We do need to fight to stay in the Prem still. 

If he ever was to stay he'd clearly need us to be a decent prem team, and he'd want guarantees of significant signings. That kind of conversation isn't going to happen now. Anyway, we need to finish the first job on Sunday and that is all that matters right now. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Just now, Vancvillan said:

Also does that mean @kevangrealish comes back to VT if he leaves?

And put up with us all calling him a soft, diving prick when he goes down too easily against us?

Remember the vitriol against Ashley Young when he did the same? 

I'd love to see Kevan back, but for his own sanity and wellbeing he'd probably want to stay away 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

And put up with us all calling him a soft, diving prick when he goes down too easily against us?

Remember the vitriol against Ashley Young when he did the same? 

I'd love to see Kevan back, but for his own sanity and wellbeing he'd probably want to stay away 😁

Wait, Ashley Young is Jack's brother?

21 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Would love him to stay but can't see it.

Only chance is the Villa get in players that can challenge the top half of the table & that we stay up of course.

On the other hand,  the money would help rebuild properly.

Letting Grealish go if we stay up sends a message to the rest of the squad that if they want to further their career then they need to leave. It's a lesson we should have learned from the past. Millner , Young , Benteke. 

If we stay up then we need to keep him and spend another £50-£80m. We would be better served getting rid of Ming's , who does not impress me and keeping Jack to build a team around , if we go down then Jack goes.

Smells of Man City to me and he won't be cheap , Reckon we are looking at £80-£100m but even at this price for me he has to stay if our owners want to compete in the PL.

He’s off. Can’t blame him. He’s a gem and he’s done nothing but good for us. He carried us at such a young age, dragged us back to the premier league almost single handily. Just happy we are hopefully staying in the premier league and we can get too draw money for him, because replacing him is going to be so hard and next season even tougher without him.

I took his answer at face value. He doesn't know if he's staying. How can he when he doesn't know if we're staying up, what our plans are for next season, and who will meet our asking price. 

One thing I will say is that, if we stay up and he does go (maybe along with Luiz back to City) we have a massive rebuild on to find the right players to keep us up again. 

Suso better not have anything to do with it. 

I really hope he stays. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why was he even asked if leaving? They wouldn’t do that to other players. They should’ve been focusing on the win. Sky are rocket polishers

I totally agree, talk to him about the game and wait till after Sunday 

If Jack decides to move on then fair enough, he deserves the opportunity but if we do stay up then the owners need to get round him quickly and tell him the summer plans as replacing him will be so much harder than I think some on here realise

I really think Jack want to take it to the next level and play Champions League football so i don't think staying up will matter much.

Unless we get in someone like Pochettino he isn't staying. Will most likely be another relegation scrap next season. (if we stay up)

At the end of the day, it's down to the owners. What's to say they won't turn around at the end of the season and offer to double his wages. It would give him something to think about at least. All dependent on us staying up of course.

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I really think Jack want to take it to the next level and play Champions League football so i don't think staying up will matter much.

Unless we get in someone like Pochettino he isn't staying. Will most likely be another relegation scrap next season. (if we stay up)

That’s just blind pessimism though. Where we finish next season will depend on who is manager, who stays, who leaves, who we sign. Unless somebody has a crystal ball none of us have any idea how next season could potentially go.

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

got asked "is the weekend your last game in a Villa shirt?"

answer - "not sure right now"

sounds like he's already left in his head, would have expected him to bat that question away for the good of the squad and the last game, bit of a silly answer tbh.

That was him batting it away. He said he wasn't sure and immediately said his only thought was keeping us in the premier league and changed the subject.

I think he'll go, but people are reading into 4 words far too much, imo

Â