The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he could play in any team and improve them

We soon see as i think he will end up united or city but i think united.

United fans are more demanding than ours. They wont tolerate shit performances like grealish has been since the restart

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah 100% he already looks like a player thats accepted he is leaving us.

Will wish him well but i dont think he is good enough for the top level. He is too inconsistent for me

Maybe because he only played at the top level with quality like Trezeguet, Gil, Gestede, Sinclair, El Ghazi, Wesley etc 

Put De Bruyne, Sterling or Mane in this team and see if they would look as consistent 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe because he only played at the top level with quality like Trezeguet, Gil, Gestede, Sinclair, El Ghazi, Wesley etc 

Put De Bruyne, Sterling or Mane in this team and see if they would look as consistent 😂

In theory your correct but it doesnt always work like that.

what happened with downing? And benteke? There is no gurantee they played in better sodes and flopped.

Grealish for example only knows villa, birmingham and being a hige name for our club. He might move to united not like the area and he wont be the big boy anymore.  He is just a normal player. That can unsettle people and it effects their form.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he could play in any top team and look improved himself too

The better players around him let him play in space stuff is a broken record by now but that's because it's so true 

I think you’re correct

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have not been shit, he has been OK. The fact some fans think he is shit because he is not Roy of the Rovers everyweek might indicate some Villa fans are incredibly demanding 

Id argue he has been shit majority of the games.  I dont think he has been as good as before the restart 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We soon see as i think he will end up united or city but i think united.

United fans are more demanding than ours. They wont tolerate shit performances like grealish has been since the restart

United haven’t been good for a number of years, probably since Fergie left but they are starting to look good again since Fernandes has arrived. Imagine Grealish and Fernandes in the same team

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

United haven’t been good for a number of years, probably since Fergie left but they are starting to look good again since Fernandes has arrived. Imagine Grealish and Fernandes in the same team

Thats the problem i cant unless pogba goes.

You cant have a midfield of them three unless you play one in the whole behind rashford

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the problem i cant unless pogba goes.

You cant have a midfield of them three unless you play one in the whole behind rashford

You think that Rashford is an out and out striker?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id argue he has been shit majority of the games.  I dont think he has been as good as before the restart 

He has not been brilliant as he was early season but he hasnt been shit. He has just been OK

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has not been brilliant as he was early season but he hasnt been shit. He has just been OK

I dont expect miracles believe me. I know i can be harsh at times. But when i see a gifted player like grealish not able to make a 2 yard pass propertly or a corner that cant even beat the first defender then yeah id say he is playing shit.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont expect miracles believe me. I know i can be harsh at times. But when i see a gifted player like grealish not able to make a 2 yard pass propertly or a corner that cant even beat the first defender then yeah id say he is playing shit.

Corners I understand but he put a chance on a plate for El Ghazi in last match

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Corners I understand but he put a chance on a plate for El Ghazi in last match

This is exactly it. He gets double teamed every time he has the ball. The other team can just leave another player in space as they'll more than likely do nothing if they get the ball. But the one time he breaks past the defence or fashions a bit of space for himself then he will produce a ball like the one for El Ghazi.

Not many players can do that with the amount of time he had. And sure as hell none of ours can.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

This is exactly it. He gets double teamed every time he has the ball. The other team can just leave another player in space as they'll more than likely do nothing if they get the ball. But the one time he breaks past the defence or fashions a bit of space for himself then he will produce a ball like the one for El Ghazi.

Not many players can do that with the amount of time he had. And sure as hell none of ours can.

He was 2nd in the league for runs ending in a chance (behind KDB) 

Unfortunately those chances are missed and gets filed under grealish doing nothing 

I think twice this season he's been rated by whoscored by the best left winger for the month in Europe 

Its mad when you think of how bad we are as a team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He was 2nd in the league for runs ending in a chance (behind KDB) 

Unfortunately those chances are missed and gets filed under grealish doing nothing 

I think twice this season he's been rated by whoscored by the best left winger for the month in Europe 

Its mad when you think of how bad we are as a team 

One thing is for sure, I'd much rather have him in this team than not. Even a half fit, out of form Grealish is our biggest threat at the moment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Grealish being captain has never sat comfortably with me, the lad is brilliant, but didn’t believe he needed it to improve his game, sometimes I believe it hampers it. For me McGinn should be the next captain.

I think a leader is what we are short of, particularly in midfield.

• Thanks 1

Â