The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

What has changed people mind? Before two hours things seemed ok? Have I missed something?

Lol no. I think a collective of people who don’t think he’s staying just happened to get in the thread at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Hendrie, Hutton definitely have contact with Jack and possibly Elphick. They are coming out with the same stuff, "he wants to go", " He wants the challenge", "He deserves it". Why do people think that is, seriously? Do you honestly think they would speak shit just to drive a narrative that in essence is against a club they respect(in Hendries case support) These players are closer to Jack professionally and more likely to be his mouthpiece than a bunch of randoms. They imo are airing his feeling's without the need for him to commit publicly until the situation is resolved between the clubs. As I said, I think they are prepping the fan base. 

It's what I think is happening, not what necessarily is.

A few points on this:

• I would doubt any pro would text another player about a move like that. Jack has probably played with 100+ players since he came into the team. I very much doubt they are texting him asking for updates. Particularly when they are going on tv talking about it.
  • Everyone can see Sky/Talksport whoever clearly have a big 6 agenda. They do not want a story being like Jack should stay at Villa and become an all time hero. It doesn't fit their narrative.
  • I think if he was leaving the club would have acknowledged we are in negotiations with City about the transfer and would have him away from the squad.
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I'm also sure Jack is always committed to Villa.

Unless an opportunity not to be missed came along, as when Spurs came along and he wanted to go. Don't blame him at all. Oh well, how far off is Louie Barry!?

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What has changed people mind? Before two hours things seemed ok? Have I missed something?

When all the stories broke I believed he was probably going. Seeing him at training gave me a boost of optimism but if he was staying I expected to hear something quickly. 

For me, that's now going. I truly believe its just a case of the deal being completed. 

Edited by DCJonah

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Hendrie, Hutton definitely have contact with Jack and possibly Elphick. They are coming out with the same stuff, "he wants to go", " He wants the challenge", "He deserves it". Why do people think that is, seriously? Do you honestly think they would speak shit just to drive a narrative that in essence is against a club they respect(in Hendries case support) These players are closer to Jack professionally and more likely to be his mouthpiece than a bunch of randoms. They imo are airing his feeling's without the need for him to commit publicly until the situation is resolved between the clubs. As I said, I think they are prepping the fan base. 

It's what I think is happening, not what necessarily is.

I don't doubt that Jack's head has been firmly turned. I also feel like, whilst he'd love to go, there's a big part of him that would also like to stay and see the project through. 

Meanwhile, the more leverage there is over the club, the better the contract offer from NSWE. Sure Hendrie and co may know that Jack is interested in going to Man City, but they will have no insight into whether the club will agree to it. He's got 4 years on the contract, and we have no idea on the response from the club. 

All I can glean is that he's still here for now, and that gives me some hope that they're working things out. If a release clause had been triggered and Jack wants to go, he'd be gone by now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

When all the stories broke I believed he was probably going. Seeing him at training gave me a boost of optimism but if was staying I expected to hear something quickly. 

For me, that's now going. I truly believe its just a case of the deal being completed. 

you sound like you've gone through the same emotions as me as the same sort of time

can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't feel right today

arguably these videos on twitter haven't helped as we do overanalyse. i feel if the city deal was off we'd 100% know by now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

When all the stories broke I believed he was probably going. Seeing him at training gave me a boost of optimism but if he was staying I expected to hear something quickly. 

For me, I truly believe its just a case of the new contract being completed. 

Fify ;)

Edited by Aston_Villan4

5 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think he's gone now unless City fail to meet the valuation in the release clause or gentleman's agreement or whatever it is. Yes, he continues to train but this is sensible as it gives Villa an advantage in the negotiations (i.e. it shows Man City the he will stay if they don't pony up the cash...see Harry Kane for the opposite approach!).

Lol, this is a mad conclusion of the current state of play. I think some of us need a rest from this thread, everything rational has been posted which has now given way to the irrational.

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

‘Yo Jacky, we played together for 5 years when you were 12 - you stayin’ or going?’

’Yo Hutto, long time no chill, pretty keen on City, looking for a challenge, just don’t tell anyone too obviously - trying to keep it hush hush’

’No worries Jacko, I got you, I’ll just prep the fans’

What crack needed to be smoked to write the above?

He's in active whatapps group with Hutton, Micah, Gabby, Bunn. He said so himself a few week ago.

Â