The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

"Hey Jack! It's me, Tommy Elphick! What's up, are you staying with Villa or moving to Man City?"

"How did you get in here? I've pressed the silent alarm and security will be here shortly"

Probably crawled through the gap under the front door.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes. But think we'd have heard us reject the bid too

We also have to remember what Fabrizio said and may end up being what we should’ve bought into from the get-go. If they don’t reach an agreement this week Jack would sign a new contract with Villa. And he’s not the only one who’s said if it drags out it looks better for him staying.

I’m fairly sure both Hutton and Elphick answered the question from their own point of view. Basically what would they do if it was them. I don’t believe they’ve just leaked private information to Sly Sports cameras. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

I have a Whatsapp group with 8 people I went to uni with - an absolutely stunning range of conversation topics including what the weather did yesterday, Happy Birthday Steve, and does anyone own a lawn mower.

Don't let none of these VT rocket polishers into your group or that stunning range of conversation takes a plummet off a cliff 😂

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

had anyone heard a peep out of hutton or elphick for the last 2 years? 

nope, thought not

"i havent got a clue mate but i'll say whatever if it gets me on your show for 10 mins and you pay me a small fee, what are you and your betting partners pushing at the moment? leaving? yeah i can make that work"

Spot on -and in relation to certain sites, I think one is Inside Football or something like that or Football Insider..... whatever it is they constantly have Noel Whelan and Paul Robinson giving their never-correct ITK suggestions about players. I have always wondered, this site doesn't look too big, what incentive is there for Whelan and Robinson to keep commenting. And if they are getting paid by the site then how much can it be per story etc....

I have read many things over the weeks about our club from Whelan and Robinson. They've never been right about any of it so far and yet get paid for that. So many hangers on to the industry, and if you were their mates, you'd share less with them than the queen shares with prince Harry at the mo.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Last year there wasn't multiple reports confirming a record breaking bid.

Last year is was just rumours. 

It can't be down to Grealish having contract negotiations with us - makes no sense.  We'd have heard something.

It's either us negotiating the bid with Man City (and Grealish wants to move) or the bid is acceptable to Villa and Grealish is weighing up whether to stay or go.  If he definitely wanted to stay, we'd have heard something by now.  The bid was 4 days ago (it feels like 2 years ago :D).

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m fairly sure both Hutton and Elphick answered the question from their own point of view. Basically what would they do if it was them. I don’t believe they’ve just leaked private information to Sly Sports cameras. 

Yes. It’s really not that deep. They aren’t privy to anything and even if they were, they’d face potential legal action if they alluded to the latter which I believe they do not have. 

The Hutton / Elphick comments are more about getting themselves involved in the media circus, rather than any real insight or knowledge. 

It's the same as the constant quotations from Gabby or, worse, Noel Whelan that litter so-called sports reporting. They are worthless. An intern at a sports website sends a message to one of these people asking for their views, they immediately reply (because they're doing literally naff all else) and it gets reported like it's insider info. Revolutions. 

Keep the punters on the Ferris wheel.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Last year there wasn't multiple reports confirming a record breaking bid.

Last year is was just rumours. 

but my point though is we only announce when an extension is signed.  Yes, maybe we all feel this is different but maybe they dont.  We know they are very secretive with transfers and contracts, and hate leaks, they arent going to change their process because some fans are bed wetting (not saying you).  They dont care about rumours, they dont talk about them or anything.  Fans are just craving for something to hold onto but that is not the way this Villa does that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

‘Yo Jacky, we played together for 5 years when you were 12 - you stayin’ or going?’

Yo Hutto, long time no chill, pretty keen on City, looking for a challenge, just don’t tell anyone too obviously - trying to keep it hush hush’

’No worries Jacko, I got you, I’ll just prep the fans’

What crack needed to be smoked to write the above?

Literally spat my tea out at that bit, cheers😅

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

but my point though is we only announce when an extension is signed.  Yes, maybe we all feel this is different but maybe they dont.  We know they are very secretive with transfers and contracts, and hate leaks, they arent going to change their process because some fans are bed wetting (not saying you).  They dont care about rumours, they dont talk about them or anything.  Fans are just craving for something to hold onto but that is not the way this Villa does that.

I'm not saying something leaks. But we do have trusted sources like Percy who clearly get given info when it suits the club.

If Jack was in serious contract talks I'm convinced we'd know. 

• Confused 1

Â