The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

People on here changing their mind by the hour of whether he’s staying or going….it’s getting a little bonkers.  You guys are up and down more often than hookers at a swingers convention. 

I’m out of this thread for a bit. I’m still as confident as ever he’s stating, I’ll leave you guys to your emotional ride.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wait so you don't think there's a contract offer waiting for him? Or do you think he's agreed it and we haven't announced?

Neither of those seem plausible to me.

Could be negotiating that i.e Jack wants a 125m release clause and we want no release clause.

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Grealish money (if he goes) needs to improve the squad no drop £50 million on 2 players who’d start the season on the bench.

What if I told you the bench is made up of players in the squad?

We've paid the price a few times of having a good first 11 and then a considerable dropoff in quality when a player needs to be rested. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Heres where I am. 

I believe city have put in a huge bid (too many reports for it to be complete rubbish)

City don't put in that bid without someone indication from Jack or his agent that he's open to the move. 

If Jack had turned them down we'd 100% know about it by now. 

Jack is either weighing up his options after hearing our offer, or, and I think this is more likely, the deal is being finalised with city and its a waiting game. After all this is going to smash the British transfer record, its going to be a complex deal. 

Yeah I agree with this. I think we are probably negotiating the way in which the deal is structured. The longer it goes on though, the more chance I think he stays.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

People on here changing their mind by the hour of whether he’s staying or going….it’s getting a little bonkers.  You guys are up and down more often than hookers at a swingers convention. 

I’m out of this thread for a bit. I’m still as confident as ever he’s stating, I’ll leave you guys to your emotional ride.

Keep the faith Nick. If he was close to going he would already be in Manchester.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's a chance that city don't meet our estimation and he stays. But I don't think there's any chance that currently Grealish has turned them down and is 100% committed to us for this season. 

There is also chance that we are not selling even if City offered 1000M. That would be my stance. I'm also sure Jack is always committed to Villa.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If Jack had turned them down we'd 100% know about it by now. 

Jack is either weighing up his options after hearing our offer, or, and I think this is more likely, the deal is being finalised with city and its a waiting game. After all this is going to smash the British transfer record, its going to be a complex deal. 

Think this is the most plausible circumstance, sadly. Don't buy the poster just before who claims 'marketing opportunity' not to be missed!

Sad day. Think I'm at the start of a downward spiral over this.... staying off Twitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd lock the thread until something is announced. But then other threads will be hiJACKed.lol.

You try and pull the shutters down on this thread, and I guarantee the bolt croppers would be out in seconds. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Ex-player like Hutton, Hendrie and certainly Elphick have absolutely no insight into what NSWE will accept, Jack's contractual clauses or any other internal plans of the club. No doubt this is an awkward time for Jack knowing all eyes are on him, but we really have very little information in order to form an opinion on what's happening.

All we do know for sure, is that Jack is training with the team, has been chatty with Smith and Lange, and has not been made to train alone. Outside of that it's supposition, mainly from journalists given an insight from the City end in order to push the narrative.

BTW, don't forget these ex-players aren't popping up on Talkshite and Sky for free either.

Hendrie, Hutton definitely have contact with Jack and possibly Elphick. They are coming out with the same stuff, "he wants to go", " He wants the challenge", "He deserves it". Why do people think that is, seriously? Do you honestly think they would speak shit just to drive a narrative that in essence is against a club they respect(in Hendries case support) These players are closer to Jack professionally and more likely to be his mouthpiece than a bunch of randoms. They imo are airing his feeling's without the need for him to commit publicly until the situation is resolved between the clubs. As I said, I think they are prepping the fan base. 

It's what I think is happening, not what necessarily is.

• Like 2

I think he's gone now unless City fail to meet the valuation in the release clause or gentleman's agreement or whatever it is. Yes, he continues to train but this is sensible as it gives Villa an advantage in the negotiations (i.e. it shows Man City the he will stay if they don't pony up the cash...see Harry Kane for the opposite approach!).

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, vazquez said:

There is also chance that we are not selling even if City offered 1000M. That would be my stance. I'm also sure Jack is always committed to Villa.

If that was the case, we'd know that. 

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

What has changed people mind? Before two hours things seemed ok? Have I missed something?

I must have too

Having said that I have been working away from my PC….so that puts me at a disadvantage 

Â