The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

There’s restrictions I imagine on what can be said, the club is often very tight-lipped, and I don’t think it should be so reactive. We’ve seen these PR moves go badly wrong. 

The fact that the Twitter admin is trolling other fans about Jack turning up for work and referencing meeting rooms should give some indication. 

The club could have had training sessions behind closed doors, but Jack and others are happy to be filmed and photographed with fans. It indicates a positive atmosphere. There’s plenty of photos of Jack smiling. 

We have just appointed a coach for set pieces. Timing is no accident. Just be patient and I remain hopeful of a positive outcome. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Milner played for us against West Ham when we knew he was going to Man City and we haven't actually seen Grealish doing any heavy training just running and kicking a ball about, it's not like he's in five a side games getting tackeld.

He could just be with the team in case the deal Man City falls through, which if it does we don't want him to have had no training at all, also a chance for him to spend one last week with his old friend before saying his goodbyes

Not saying he's staying but he's only just come back from holiday so is behind in his programme to the rest of the squad anyway. In normal circumstances he'd be at BMH whilst the rest of the squad are away at a camp.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm starting to think it's haggling between clubs now. I think it's done tbh. All the ex players like Hutton, Hendrie, Elphick have just been prepping the fan base for what is to come. I don't want to believe it but it all seems very odd including Jacks body language. Like sort of uncomfortable in an inevitable kind of way.

Ex-player like Hutton, Hendrie and certainly Elphick have absolutely no insight into what NSWE will accept, Jack's contractual clauses or any other internal plans of the club. No doubt this is an awkward time for Jack knowing all eyes are on him, but we really have very little information in order to form an opinion on what's happening.

All we do know for sure, is that Jack is training with the team, has been chatty with Smith and Lange, and has not been made to train alone. Outside of that it's supposition, mainly from journalists given an insight from the City end in order to push the narrative.

BTW, don't forget these ex-players aren't popping up on Talkshite and Sky for free either.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nothing to suggest he's staying. By all accounts a contract is waiting for his signature and we'd announce ASAP.

Percy said we'd go for Tammy if he left with the cash and now we're going for Tammy apparently according to Percy. Who is as good as it gets.

Look I'd love be to be wrong but I think he's gone.

He’s actually training! Carrying on business as usual, that suggests he’s staying.  Nothing has happened in the last four days to say he’s off.

Again the “by all accounts” things….journalists and ITKs have been wrong daily so far but you still trust them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nothing to suggest he's staying. By all accounts a contract is waiting for his signature and we'd announce ASAP.

Percy said we'd go for Tammy if he left with the cash and now we're going for Tammy apparently according to Percy. Who is as good as it gets.

Look I'd love be to be wrong but I think he's gone.

Couldn’t we just as easily be in a back-n-forth with his agent over the details of his new contract?

Hmmm. Starting to have my doubts too. It's ridiculous, but I think the incident with the young Villa fan who said "Don't join a team only 10 years old' to Jack, who just laughed and moved on, doesn't look good if he is set to stay or wants to stay. Why not reassure the kid a little. Maybe it is just down to the final negotiation. Worried.

People are getting all pessimistic today when nothing has happened. 

the fact nothing is happening shows that the deal isn’t as “inevitable”  as the press made it out to be. 

it probably will happen, but there’s certainly problems that could swing the deal back to him staying 

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Hmmm. Starting to have my doubts too. It's ridiculous, but I think the incident with the young Villa fan who said "Don't join a team only 10 years old' to Jack, who just laughed and moved on, doesn't look good if he is set to stay or wants to stay. Why not reassure the kid a little. Maybe it is just down to the final negotiation. Worried.

It was an adult who made that comment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Why not reassure the kid a little. Maybe it is just down to the final negotiation. Worried.

Because "grealish confirms he's staying" isn't a headline they want after a chat with a fan after training.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

the fact nothing is happening shows that the deal isn’t as “inevitable”  as the press made it out to be. 

it probably will happen, but there’s certainly problems that could swing the deal back to him staying 

None of that makes me less pessimistic mate.

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Yeah makes sense he would tell some young lad no I've signed a new deal with Villa and allow us to miss out on a huge marketing opportunity. 

Heres where I am. 

I believe city have put in a huge bid (too many reports for it to be complete rubbish)

City don't put in that bid without someone indication from Jack or his agent that he's open to the move. 

If Jack had turned them down we'd 100% know about it by now. 

Jack is either weighing up his options after hearing our offer, or, and I think this is more likely, the deal is being finalised with city and its a waiting game. After all this is going to smash the British transfer record, its going to be a complex deal. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

"complications" I believe Sam Lee called them.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s actually training! Carrying on business as usual, that suggests he’s staying.  Nothing has happened in the last four days to say he’s off.

Again the “by all accounts” things….journalists and ITKs have been wrong daily so far but you still trust them.

Wait so you don't think there's a contract offer waiting for him? Or do you think he's agreed it and we haven't announced?

Neither of those seem plausible to me.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Heres where I am. 

I believe city have put in a huge bid (too many reports for it to be complete rubbish)

City don't put in that bid without someone indication from Jack or his agent that he's open to the move. 

If Jack had turned them down we'd 100% know about it by now. 

Jack is either weighing up his options after hearing our offer, or, and I think this is more likely, the deal is being finalised with city and its a waiting game. After all this is going to smash the British transfer record, its going to be a complex deal. 

Or he’s just negotiating a new contract so no need to come out and say anything until that is done. 

Â