The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

but my point though is we only announce when an extension is signed.  Yes, maybe we all feel this is different but maybe they dont.  We know they are very secretive with transfers and contracts, and hate leaks, they arent going to change their process because some fans are bed wetting (not saying you).  They dont care about rumours, they dont talk about them or anything.  Fans are just craving for something to hold onto but that is not the way this Villa does that.

Well the argument is, if we were in contract extensions talks that means he would’ve said no to Man City and they would likely tell reporters that the deal has fallen through. Fwiw, I’m in the stay camp. Just playing devils advocate here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Folski said:

A few points on this:

• I would doubt any pro would text another player about a move like that. Jack has probably played with 100+ players since he came into the team. I very much doubt they are texting him asking for updates. Particularly when they are going on tv talking about it.
  • Everyone can see Sky/Talksport whoever clearly have a big 6 agenda. They do not want a story being like Jack should stay at Villa and become an all time hero. It doesn't fit their narrative.
  • I think if he was leaving the club would have acknowledged we are in negotiations with City about the transfer and would have him away from the squad.

Your missing the point. Nobody has said he's going or Jack said this or that....The point being these lot will have spoken to him or others close to him previously so will know his ambitions. They wouldn't come out and say shit that isn't true just to feed a media narrative. Hendrie is Villa and I know chats to Jack, same with Gabby and Hutton. They don't need to know the answer to the million dollar question in order to let people know Jacks thoughts. Anyone thinking Jack wouldn't confide in fellow professionals about his feeling's need a reality check. That doesn't mean he's telling everyone what he is going to do.

So what if their being paid a couple of grand for a little segment. They wouldn't lie for the benefit of Man City and disrespect Villa like that. Not every ex player is a t**t, just some. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

If it wasn't true, do you not think they'd get that message out?

Exactly! For the fans sake! Unless they think we actually enjoy this shit! The positive folk are doing a terrible job here....

3 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

If Jack went and as a result we ended up with

JWP

Bailey

Buendia

Abraham

Axel

Ash Young

Would you be happy ?

Not really. We still need Jack for a lot of reasons. A statement for all teams willing to buy from us. We can have a chabce to show Jack what can be done. If things weren’t going well we could figure how will we replace him. If we weren’t doing well the Smith would be questioned and possibly replaced, so we’ll need the money without rush and with clear vision. 

On second thought I think that any move for Grealish is probably all tied up with the Kane interest now. If you believe city when they cry poverty then they cannot afford to buy both Kane and Grealish, which would cost a combined c. £230 to 250m. It’s very likely that Kane is the priority position for them given the departure of Agüero. That deal looks harder to do because of Levy but presumably they are going to throw everything at it before they give up and settle on Grealish. 

• Like 1

I'm quite sure Jack's nerves are just as strained as ours are.

On one hand he can stay and be deemed a game changer and loved even more by the fans.

On the other hand he can go to a team and yes win trophies and be in the limelight but at the cost of tarnishing(Not really in my eyes but some fan's eye reputation) and get paid pretty well for his future.

I'd hate to be in his shoes just due to I'm sure the whole thing is very stressful.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Cutting through the BS there doesn’t seem much.

We have been informed City have bid but that’s 6 days ago.  We don’t want to sell, Jack would be 50/50 at worst and now Jack is in his third day of training and taking photos with fans.  Why would we sell, timing is poor and Jack has shown nothing to us that he wants to leave.

Everything publicly is business as usual.  Journalists and ITKs seem to be failing every day with their predictions.  We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes but it’s so business as usual publicly and days are flowing by, almost as if City hadn’t bid 6 days ago.

This.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Don't let none of these VT rocket polishers into your group or that stunning range of conversation takes a plummet off a cliff 😂

It will be full of fish puns and pictures of Rashica within seconds.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well the argument is, if we were in contract extensions talks that means he would’ve said no to Man City and they would likely tell reporters that the deal has fallen through. Fwiw, I’m in the stay camp. Just playing devils advocate here.

If you're in contract talks having already turned-down the City offer, you've lost all your leverage. If they're in talks, it will be whilst the City offer is still on the table.

As for announcements, the club can only say "contracted player is still under contract", until a bid is accepted by the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I wonder what the comments last week that Man City wanted the transfer completed quickly  or it likely wouldnt happen mean?

Have the club commented on either of the supposed bids.

No. The only people making any noise right now are reporters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If it wasn't true, do you not think they'd get that message out? 

Well I’d have thought if it was true then City would’ve confirmed it when they have been asked to comment but they haven’t. 

• Like 1

Â