The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not saying something leaks. But we do have trusted sources like Percy who clearly get given info when it suits the club.

If Jack was in serious contract talks I'm convinced we'd know. 

Why? we never normally know and yes this is different because of all the speculation but in fact it isnt to them.  They will be negotiating a contract which will have back and forth between Jack's agent and Villa.  Nobody will say they are negotiating just in case it doesnt eventuate to something.

You can argue either way but if we were in serious negotiations with City we would know about it or if we were in serious negotiations with Jack about a new deal we would know about it.  The fact we havent heard a whisper about either tells you they either dont want us to know or nothing is happening.  It all depends if you how you are feeling about it all.  I'm comfortable believing he is staying for many reasons, you think he's leaving based on what you are seeing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Has anyone actually watched the interview with Elphick? He is quite balanced. Great cherry picking by Sky for the headline though.

Yh watched it earlier, shows what manipulative scumbags they are.

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

No

Totally agree.

We have signed Buendia, Young and Bailey completely separately to Jack going, so that's not relevant.

If Jack does go and we have an extra £100m to spend and we only sign Ward Prowse, Tammy and Tuanzebe then that would be hugely disappointing and a huge opportunity missed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

‘Yo Jacky, we played together for 5 years when you were 12 - you stayin’ or going?’

’Yo Hutto, long time no chill, pretty keen on City, looking for a challenge, just don’t tell anyone too obviously - trying to keep it hush hush’

’No worries Jacko, I got you, I’ll just prep the fans’

What crack needed to be smoked to write the above?

So players don't talk to other players about ambition? Doesn't mean they know what going to happen.

To be honest I'm not on crack you smoke, just the crack belonging to your missus.  

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well the argument is, if we were in contract extensions talks that means he would’ve said no to Man City and they would likely tell reporters that the deal has fallen through. Fwiw, I’m in the stay camp. Just playing devils advocate here.

No because Jack's agent would use City's interest for leverage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

narrative. Hendrie is Villa and I know chats to Jack, same with Gabby and Hutton.  Jack wouldn't confide in fellow professionals about his feeling's need a reality check. That doesn't mean he's telling everyone what he is going to do.

So what if their being paid a couple of grand for a little segment. They wouldn't lie for the benefit of Man City and disrespect Villa like that. Not every ex player is a t**t, just some. 

No, sorry, you lost me there.

Edited by TheStagMan

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if we wrap up some big signings over the next week before we hear anything about Jack. 

oKAY. I'm in. Jack stays. 4th or 5th is my prediction 2021/2022. FA cup too.

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If you're in contract talks having already turned-down the City offer, you've lost all your leverage. If they're in talks, it will be whilst the City offer is still on the table.

As for announcements, the club can only say "contracted player is still under contract", until a bid is accepted by the club.

Wouldn’t Villa want the bid off the table to hold more leverage in their discussions with Jacks agent? With it the agent can dangle that infront of Villa demanding more money? 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I thought you were leaving us to our emotional ride 👀

Yeah I was just finishing off something on my computer and got side tracked...this thread is addictive!  Definitely off now for a bit!

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Villa dont comment on transfers do they!

Again, I'm not saying an official announcement. But do you seriously believe no info would be passed to a trusted journo if there was zero truth to this bid. 

Why would we want the continued circus of this, if in fact no bid had been made?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wouldn’t Villa want the bid off the table to hold more leverage in their discussions with Jacks agent? With it the agent can dangle that infront of Villa demanding more money? 

Yeah but that's not Villa's choice though is it.  Of course Villa want City's bid off the table but Jack's agent wants it on the table to get more money.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why do people keep posting the latest odds? It means NOTHING.  

Adds to the suspense, plus I need something to do as I am certainly not earning a living at the moment 

• Haha 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

Again, I'm not saying an official announcement. But do you seriously believe no info would be passed to a trusted journo if there was zero truth to this bid. 

Why would we want the continued circus of this, if in fact no bid had been made?

Trending an shite. If we're or someone attached to the club is generating a lot of interest then we can say to Adidas or whoever "we're news" pay up.

Â