Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Agreed. Loved the movie but overall show has been a big disappointment for me.

I suppose there are only so many plot lines you can have on a segmented train travelling in perpetual motion and after seeing the film you have seen most of them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I suppose there are only so many plot lines you can have on a segmented train travelling in perpetual motion and after seeing the film you have seen most of them

It's all the little things that they overlook that annoy me too.

Like how **** long it would take them to walk through the train!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forget about who it was revealed to be but the pacing of that episode was dire. A finale where there's barely any drama and it happens in the first half of the episode? Bizarre.

That was awful. The last 2 series have ruined Line of Duty to be honest. 

The best bit was Ted Hastings whacking his head off the car as he got out

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Line of Duty was a bit meh.

Spoiler

the best bit was a company called holte end holdings being mentioned!

agreed...very meh apart from that

I wouldn't say it was an awful season finale of line of duty but it was definitely disappointing and ended on a wimper. I hope there is a season 7 

On a side note that new show by the makers of line of duty that was advertised after it looks alright 

Edited by Bizzzle

I really enjoyed the LoD finale tonight and was surprised to go online afterwards and see so many people slagging it off.

Spoiler

Buckles as Boris Johnson, the bumbling buffoon who fails upwards but you have the suspicion knew what he was doing all along by cultivating that persona. Institutionalised corruption either being ignored or swept under the carpet, or written off as a few bad apples rather than a rotten tree. Very astute social commentary on 2021 Britain for me.

Not sure what people were looking for? Why put in a big twist for the sake of it. There have been plenty of dramatic set pieces throughout the series, don’t think the finale necessarily needed one. 

Whilst I've enjoyed this series, I didn’t think it was LoD at its absolute best whereas the reaction (on Twitter at least) after each episode seems to have been that each one has been the best episode ever. Found it funny to see that reversed tonight! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chappy said:

I really enjoyed the LoD finale tonight and was surprised to go online afterwards and see so many people slagging it off.

Hide contents

Buckles as Boris Johnson, the bumbling buffoon who fails upwards but you have the suspicion knew what he was doing all along by cultivating that persona. Institutionalised corruption either being ignored or swept under the carpet, or written off as a few bad apples rather than a rotten tree. Very astute social commentary on 2021 Britain for me.

Not sure what people were looking for? Why put in a big twist for the sake of it. There have been plenty of dramatic set pieces throughout the series, don’t think the finale necessarily needed one. 

Whilst I've enjoyed this series, I didn’t think it was LoD at its absolute best whereas the reaction (on Twitter at least) after each episode seems to have been that each one has been the best episode ever. Found it funny to see that reversed tonight! 

I thought that. Seems the masses haven’t ‘got it’. I’m sure Jed Mecurio and the cast are feeling disappointed with the reaction as I know Martin Compton was quite vocal about hoping the ending lived up to expectations. I don’t think it did really. I was a bit underwhelmed. 

Always the same problem with TV shows people are invested in. How the heck to end them and satisfy the majority.

Meh - ultimately they are vignettes / short stories that producers are happy to keep paying writers to squeeze life out of for as long as they make money or maintain peoples interest.

Unless someone has a really clear idea of where a show is going to go and how long it has to get there it's never going to feel complete and satisfying. TV just isn't made that way.

Â