Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Every single episode of that was a masterpiece. IMO it surpassed all the previous Partridge. There was almost no point where I wasn't laughing and one particular scene actually had me gasping for breath.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Struggling to get into The Boys.

same can be said of The Stand.

Wife now insists we try Downton Abbey. Hmmm.

I think it's worth persevering with The Boys. It does get better.

Downton is superb. It's pure gentry glorification but the storylines really hook you.

• Like 1

Downtown is OK, it's very good at what it is and what it does its just whether or not that's your thing 

Really enjoyed the boys, found butchers OTT accent brilliantly funny and the 2nd series in particular hits very close to home in a clever way 

Half way through handmaid's tale season 3, it's not as good as S1 but I don't think it's a massive drop off, tge magic of the show is Gilead and the whole set up, as they've expanded and shown you everything there's a natural drop off there 

Gave up on the terror half way through season 1, thought I really enjoyed the start but then by about episode 5 I wasn't paying attention to it 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Downton is superb. It's pure gentry glorification but the storylines really hook you.

Mrs M and I were once sat in a cafe and overheard some old feller portentously announce to his neighbours "Downton Abbey is undoubtedly the finest production of our time". It's become something of an in-joke with us. Whenever Downton is mentioned, we both intone "THE FINEST PRODUCTION OF OUR TIME!!!" Nobody else gets it. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Every single episode of that was a masterpiece. IMO it surpassed all the previous Partridge. There was almost no point where I wasn't laughing and one particular scene actually had me gasping for breath.

Same here. I had to keep pausing and rewinding it because I just couldn't stop laughing throughout

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Finished The Terror the other night. 

It started off interesting enough, then went all **** mythical, then you had Mr Goodman (Goodsir?), who was legit as F, then you had that pokey little leeds **** who was as intimidating as a caramel waffle and it all sort of.. fell apart. 

I wanted it to concentrate more on the facts of what happened, rather than man-bear-pig fragging everyone. 

So the guy from Chernobyl was cool, as was Goodman (or was it Goodsir?), the rest were completely forgettable.  They should have casted me if they wanted some mad word removed off his head on lead poisoning.

Yes i watched the first series and thought this could have been so much better. Jared Harris was good and the guy who played Hickey. That was it for me 

10 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Same here. I had to keep pausing and rewinding it because I just couldn't stop laughing throughout

Everything was genius too. I don't know how Coogan can come up with that stuff this late into his career and not just use recycled stuff from before. The Scottish guy ending everything with 'uh?' and they can't work out how to answer him. The roving reporter who contradicts him on everything. The Irish republican who launches into black and tans. The very first scene where he introduces the guest as Alice Clunt. She says her name is Fluck and he says oh I see what I've done there. 

It was on britbox until very recently and I can't find it anywhere to stream now.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Everything was genius too. I don't know how Coogan can come up with that stuff this late into his career and not just use recycled stuff from before. The Scottish guy ending everything with 'uh?' and they can't work out how to answer him. The roving reporter who contradicts him on everything. The Irish republican who launches into black and tans. The very first scene where he introduces the guest as Alice Clunt. She says her name is Fluck and he says oh I see what I've done there. 

It was on britbox until very recently and I can't find it anywhere to stream now.

I love sidekick Simon as well (Tim Key).

I really want to watch it again. Not sure why they took it off iPlayer

• Like 1

On 15/04/2021 at 16:46, villa4europe said:

Half way through handmaid's tale season 3, it's not as good as S1 but I don't think it's a massive drop off, tge magic of the show is Gilead and the whole set up, as they've expanded and shown you everything there's a natural drop off there 

I take it back, it's a bit bollocks 

Spoiler

It's impossible how much she gets away with and more importantly how she's the centre of absolutely everything, it's unrealistic 

The whole "read and you'll lose a finger" stuff is undone by her actions that aren't punished 

Its lost its mojo big time, not sure what it's really about at its core any more, its very muddled, trying to say and suggest one thing but constantly showing another, it's definitley lost its way on the theme of empowerment 

Spoiler

June is not weak and helpless, they've built her up too much, the opportunity was there with Serena but they didn't take it, her rebelling and doing some cloak and dagger stuff would have been more believable 

They're also really guilty of sign posting the story 

Spoiler

Serena losing a finger for reading was mentioned about 5 times in the episode before it happened, Fred being arrested for war crimes was the same 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Line of Duty - another great episode.

Reveal hidden contents

I reckon they both got shots off and both are injured but not fatally.

AC-12 turn up in just enough time I think! Though we've not had a big death in the series yet so who knows! 

• Like 1

Â