Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought Aziz Ansari was still persona non grata?

Didn't realize he was back making shows.

Think he'd also said he wasn't going to do another Master Of None series as it was all loosely based on his life experiences and nothing significantly story-worthy had happened to him since season 2...

😬

• Haha 1

Hulu has released the 1st 3 episodes of Handmaid's Tale S4

I didn't think much of S3 on the 1st watch - it was a mangled mess compared to S1&2 (even S2 was not in the same league as S1)

However I re-watched it all for some reason (Probably because I read the sequel book that Atwood released a little while back)

I was more impressed with S3 on 2nd viewing so I've been excited for S4

Spoiler

I just like these characters 

I am fascinated by Gilead and it's Dystopian world. Honestly, under Trump and the Evangelical nuts he was prepared to let hang around him, well, let's just say who knows what might have been possible.

All of the torture/control techniques have been used by us (humans) before. Seeing them used in a narrative shows how truly shocking they are. Most recently of course used by the US in the middle east but also the power control techniques are very similar to the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and the European Totalitarian regimes of the mid-twentieth century.

The 1st 2 episodes of S4 I was full in on so far . Episode 3 - well, this is where the narrative seemed to just get muddy. Perhaps this is because you don't have a single writer with a beginning middle and end in mind - On first viewing there were too many unintelligible twists. Maybe like S3 it will hold up better 2nd time through.

However the train CGI at the end of E3 was really not in keeping with anything the show had done before and really looked like TV movie. The epilogue trying to frame the 7 girls as some sort of clique from the beginning was completely off. 

Anyway I'm not even sure anyone on here watches this lol

But it is one of the few shows I actually sit down to watch along with Line of Duty so that my 2 cents.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I didn't know they made a Paddington 1.

Seems these are worth watching for adults, too? 

Paddington 1, although good isn’t as great as 2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Hulu has released the 1st 3 episodes of Handmaid's Tale S4

I didn't think much of S3 on the 1st watch - it was a mangled mess compared to S1&2 (even S2 was not in the same league as S1)

However I re-watched it all for some reason (Probably because I read the sequel book that Atwood released a little while back)

I was more impressed with S3 on 2nd viewing so I've been excited for S4

Hide contents

I just like these characters 

I am fascinated by Gilead and it's Dystopian world. Honestly, under Trump and the Evangelical nuts he was prepared to let hang around him, well, let's just say who knows what might have been possible.

All of the torture/control techniques have been used by us (humans) before. Seeing them used in a narrative shows how truly shocking they are. Most recently of course used by the US in the middle east but also the power control techniques are very similar to the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and the European Totalitarian regimes of the mid-twentieth century.

The 1st 2 episodes of S4 I was full in on so far . Episode 3 - well, this is where the narrative seemed to just get muddy. Perhaps this is because you don't have a single writer with a beginning middle and end in mind - On first viewing there were too many unintelligible twists. Maybe like S3 it will hold up better 2nd time through.

However the train CGI at the end of E3 was really not in keeping with anything the show had done before and really looked like TV movie. The epilogue trying to frame the 7 girls as some sort of clique from the beginning was completely off. 

Anyway I'm not even sure anyone on here watches this lol

But it is one of the few shows I actually sit down to watch along with Line of Duty so that my 2 cents.

Yeah I had a bit of a moan about how bad season 3 was a few pages back

Dunno if I'll wait to get it with German subtitles with the wife or she'll watch it on German TV and I'll watch it in English 

Got low expectations if I'm honest 

Spoiler

It doesn't seem to know what it is anymore, the empowerment of June takes the piss and the stretched but still believable world that they built started to wain 

But gilead is still a fascinating place... Even if the other downfall of the show is the determination to keep everyone there, they badly undercooked the Canada story lines in season 3 too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not sure about that, Millicent was in the first 

10 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Think he'd also said he wasn't going to do another Master Of None series as it was all loosely based on his life experiences and nothing significantly story-worthy had happened to him since season 2...

😬

Having read some stuff about season 3 it seems he might not even be in it very much. Which has dampened my excitement somewhat

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Having read some stuff about season 3 it seems he might not even be in it very much. Which has dampened my excitement somewhat

Yeah its a spin off based on the black female lesbian friend who has been in the previous 2 seasons, he's writing and directing it, she's an OK character and actress  so I'll still watch it 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah its a spin off based on the black female lesbian friend who has been in the previous 2 seasons, he's writing and directing it, she's an OK character and actress  so I'll still watch it 

Oh I'll definitely watch it and I'm sure it'll be decent. But his character was what made that show so funny (imo) so if he's not really in it I can't see it being as good. There was that episode in the last season where he was barely in it at all and it was fine, it just wasn't great.

Line of Duty jumps between bloody good and atrocious, imo.

The writers seem to vastly overestimate how interesting and engaging an hour long interview is. Not the first time I've regretted sitting through one of those snorefests.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Watching Viewpoint on ITV, its alright, to a degree but with an episode to go I wonder what the likelihood is they pull the final one. For those not aware it stars Noel Clarke and a series of allegations came out about hime yesterday evening. 

Is there a cooler TV scene than this?

The music, the long close ups on the wheels, the sound of the gun being reloaded. Don Johnson looking cool as ****. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 23:10, maqroll said:

On 17/02/2021 at 23:20, Paddywhack said:

Paddington 3 is being made :)

On 17/02/2021 at 23:29, tonyh29 said:

My prediction in the film thread last year that it will become the greatest trilogy ever made , is about to come true ...

Its a yes from me 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watching Viewpoint on ITV, its alright, to a degree but with an episode to go I wonder what the likelihood is they pull the final one. For those not aware it stars Noel Clarke and a series of allegations came out about hime yesterday evening. 

I heard/read it will be shown on the itv hub only. Not watched it (in fact, I hadn’t heard of it before yesterday) but it turns out my folks have been keeping up with it so were also wondering on it’s status.

42 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I heard/read it will be shown on the itv hub only. Not watched it (in fact, I hadn’t heard of it before yesterday) but it turns out my folks have been keeping up with it so were also wondering on it’s status.

It is, they have put it on itv hub until Sunday evening. 

On 28/04/2021 at 13:34, Stevo985 said:

Does Snowpiercer S2 get any better?

I'm 3 episodes in and it is absolutely shit. Not even Sean bean is saving it.

Edit: also all the little bits that don't make sense that I excused in the first season are getting more and more annoying

It doesn't change, no. If you find the start of the season shit, you'll find the end of the season shit too.

I don't think it's great, but I'm hooked on it regardless.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It doesn't change, no. If you find the start of the season shit, you'll find the end of the season shit too.

I don't think it's great, but I'm hooked on it regardless.

I was hooked on the first season but this one is just so shit

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was hooked on the first season but this one is just so shit

Agreed. Loved the movie but overall show has been a big disappointment for me.

Â