Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

River Hunters on the history channel.

2 guys go metal detecting through the river ways of the UK near to historic sites of interest.

fascinating stuff!  

Very, very dangerous as well though.

A surprising amount of dangerous stuff has been dumped in rivers. It's apparently pretty common for grenades and old artillery and small bombs to be dredged up.

Just now, Chindie said:

Very, very dangerous as well though.

A surprising amount of dangerous stuff has been dumped in rivers. It's apparently pretty common for grenades and old artillery and small bombs to be dredged up.

Just watched them dig up a grenade in the River Lochie, Scotland! 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Just watched them dig up a grenade in the River Lochie, Scotland! 

I'm not surprised.

There's loads of stories of someone going magnet fishing over a weekend and then rocking up to work to show off their catch, which includes a grenade, which is so stupid it's hard to believe but happens with regularity.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2021 at 16:37, sne said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Shadow and Bone. Not gonna lie I don't have a clue what's going on or about the world it takes place in.

Not read the books but it will have to improve if it's going to be "the next GOT"

Shadow and Bone Poster

Just watched this and the first two episodes, I agree they haven’t set the scene well.

• Like 1

Just finished A Very British Scandal. I thought it was well made. Crisp production style and very good acting. I used to think Hugh Grant was just a bumbling toff, but this performance is the most interesting thing I've seen him in and I hope to see more of his work now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Just finished A Very British Scandal. I thought it was well made. Crisp production style and very good acting. I used to think Hugh Grant was just a bumbling toff, but this performance is the most interesting thing I've seen him in and I hope to see more of his work now. 

Yes, he was really good in it - very convincing portrayal of Thorpe (whom you'd probably never heard of before now, but it was huge news in the UK at the time). 

EDIT: He's also great in Paddington 2. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, he was really good in it - very convincing portrayal of Thorpe (whom you'd probably never heard of before now, but it was huge news in the UK at the time). 

Come to think of it, he was good in Small Time Crooks, the Woody Allen film with Tracy Ullman. Very funny movie.

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I thought Grant was very good in the Guy Richie flick, The Gentlemen.

• Like 3

It’s a bit of a travesty that Godfather Of Harlem is tucked away on a subscription within a subscription over here, it deserves a bigger audience. 

If they can keep up the quality, it has a chance of being right up there with the very best. 

• Like 2

Does Snowpiercer S2 get any better?

I'm 3 episodes in and it is absolutely shit. Not even Sean bean is saving it.

Edit: also all the little bits that don't make sense that I excused in the first season are getting more and more annoying

Edited by Stevo985

The band of brothers / Pacific follow up masters of the air has started filming

Being directed by the guy who did a bit of true detective and the new bond film, Anthony Boyle is playing the main character 

Its been acquired by apple TV 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought Aziz Ansari was still persona non grata?

Didn't realize he was back making shows.

I thought he was cleared of all that quite quickly, wasn’t he? 

I really like Master of None, so will be looking forward to that.

Edited by El Zen

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The band of brothers / Pacific follow up masters of the air has started filming

Being directed by the guy who did a bit of true detective and the new bond film, Anthony Boyle is playing the main character 

It's inevitably going to be CGI-heavy, isn't it? 

I haven't seen a single air war movie where the CGI hasn't looked shit. 

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s a bit of a travesty that Godfather Of Harlem is tucked away on a subscription within a subscription over here, it deserves a bigger audience. 

If they can keep up the quality, it has a chance of being right up there with the very best. 

Absolutely. 

It's one of my favourites at the moment and it's lovely seeing Whittaker and D'Onofrio go head to head.

The writing is good as they haven't tried to softsoap the man that Bumpy Johnson was, but I still find myself rooting for him. It's a difficult one to pull off (Kengif), but they've managed it.

Also, does Paul Sorvino have a portrait in the attic? He doesn't look much different to when he was in Goodfellas in 1990.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Gerry Anderson would have done a better job than most I've seen

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You would think so, as for the quality it's hard to tell, with it taking so long to get off the ground (pun intended - and its been 9 years) you have to hope that they don't rush it now, got a supposed budget of $200m so the money is there, all the same faces sound like they're there, just not hbo

Â