Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Finally started the Queen’s Gambit tonight, two episodes in and its starting to get good. Who’d have thunk that chess could be so exciting?

She is very pleasant on the eye as well in the later stages

• Like 2

Finished sons of Sam, it was OK, has its problems and ultimately fulls a bit flat because it's not what I wanted it to be, has issues from episode 2 until the end 

Spoiler

When it becomes increasingly a documentary about terry rather than berkowotz, it also becomes increasingly obvious that they ending will be open rather than revealing anything 

He was a desperate man come the end which made some of it doubtful

One thing that was for sure is that I don't trust the nypd and the politics of it all, there are documentaries and TV shows that attack them better and this was almost a bit polite about it

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished sons of Sam, it was OK, has its problems and ultimately fulls a bit flat because it's not what I wanted it to be, has issues from episode 2 until the end 

Hide contents

When it becomes increasingly a documentary about terry rather than berkowotz, it also becomes increasingly obvious that they ending will be open rather than revealing anything 

He was a desperate man come the end which made some of it doubtful

One thing that was for sure is that I don't trust the nypd and the politics of it all, there are documentaries and TV shows that attack them better and this was almost a bit polite about it

I'd go further and say it's absolute horseshite.

On 04/05/2021 at 22:17, Nicho said:

Binge watching Line of Duty, it’s so average I don’t get the hype. 

Onto season 4, I feel like I’m supposed to care about AC-12. I couldnt give a ****..

My initial intrigue that she might be hot has been replaced by the constant thought that she looks like she’s been caught having a shit on a train.image.thumb.jpeg.414ecdd75580552e9028a79fc87ade06.jpeg

• Like 1

S4 of The Handmaids Tale is pretty meh. Just like in S3 the writing doesn't really make sense and considering there is already clear it will be a S5 I doubt it will improve.

It's devolved into a miserable Passion of the Christ story with endless escape and get caught cycle but with beautiful lighting, constant close-ups of Elisabeth Moss's face and a pop song at the end.

Would have been a fantastic 1 season show, now it's just a good looking slog with slightly better writing than the last two seasons of GOT.

Edited by sne

Daybreak on Netflix is really good. A post apocalyptic series with a twist. Begins in similar style to Zombieland but changes throughout. 

Just read they didn’t renew second series.

Edited by mikeyp102

Started The Pursuit of Love (BBC1), gave up after 20 minutes. Irritating in every way, and featuring my particular bête noir (anything by Baz Luhrmann, Peaky Blinders, etc.) of using anachronistic pop music in a period drama. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Started The Pursuit of Love (BBC1), gave up after 20 minutes. Irritating in every way, and featuring my particular bête noir (anything by Baz Luhrmann, Peaky Blinders, etc.) of using anachronistic pop music in a period drama

Same here, I just don't get the appeal at all.

Another (maybe you could answer this one), why is it these days that with so much content, why is the score virtually as loud as the dialogue, making it impossible to watch certain scenes without subtitles. I can picture the old days of an individual, having served their 5 year apprenticeship, sitting in a mixing studio surrounded by dials and levers etc, is it now all done on some young squirts iPad?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

S4 of The Handmaids Tale is pretty meh. Just like in S3 the writing doesn't really make sense and considering there is already clear it will be a S5 I doubt it will improve.

It's devolved into a miserable Passion of the Christ story with endless escape and get caught cycle but with beautiful lighting, constant close-ups of Elisabeth Moss's face and a pop song at the end.

Would have been a fantastic 1 season show, now it's just a good looking slog with slightly better writing than the last two seasons of GOT.

Would it still be worth watching S1 as a stand-alone or does that fact it doesn’t end there make that pointless?

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Would it still be worth watching S1 as a stand-alone or does that fact it doesn’t end there make that pointless?

Thats exactly what I did, very good and planned to carry on after others in my watchlist completed, then started to hear that it dropped off so never bothered. S1 v good.

• Thanks 1

Â