Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

58 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I thought it was a great story.  Netflix are great at that kind of thing, I rewatched the Ted Bundy one the other day too.  Man he was a scary bastard.

That was a really good documentary, I thought I knew a bit about Bundy but learnt so much more from it. Have you seen Nightstalker? He was another seriously sick, scary mofo. 

Finally finished Breaking Bad and didnt get good until Season 3 like most people said, was some good acting and entertaining at times but way too inconsistent and nowhere near elite TV. 7/5/8 out of 10

When it was good it was very good but when it was bad it was as dull as anything you can find

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Finally finished Breaking Bad and didnt get good until Season 3 like most people said, was some good acting and entertaining at times but way too inconsistent and nowhere near elite TV. 7/5/8 out of 10

When it was good it was very good but when it was bad it was as dull as anything you can find

I started rewatching it recently and am a bit disappointed I bothered as all it did was ruin my memories of it being amazing.

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Binge watching Line of Duty, it’s so average I don’t get the hype. 

I've only watched a few early episodes. I starting watching on the Thandie Newton series, which I thought was excellent. I'm pretty sure that's when it really blew up. Often with stuff like this I feel like it's just that people are so invested having watched for years, rather than it being that much better than other programming.

I saw someone (maybe on here) say the writers seriously overestimate how interesting an hour long interview episode is. I appreciate that will be the case for lots of people, but for me those are the bits I always end up loving.

re-watching 24 for the first time in 19/20 years ( **** me :D! )  to introduce partner to it. Only halfway through season 1 so far, and she's already  annoyed with Kim. She is just the worst fictional daughter ever. 

• Haha 2

Have watched LoD since the start and was very impressed with the first few series, despite procedural flaws and being a little sensational at times. But overall the storylines were interesting and the main characters well played. 

However, as the series progressed it has become more convoluted and ridiculous to the detriment of the program’s enjoyment. 

The latest season, pretty much like the bodyguard (also penned by Mercurio) descended into ridiculous situations and ended on a very damp squib. 

no doubt there will be another series, which I’ll probably watch but won’t have the level of interest in it as previous series.

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I started rewatching it recently and am a bit disappointed I bothered as all it did was ruin my memories of it being amazing.

I've only watched a few early episodes. I starting watching on the Thandie Newton series, which I thought was excellent. I'm pretty sure that's when it really blew up. Often with stuff like this I feel like it's just that people are so invested having watched for years, rather than it being that much better than other programming.

I saw someone (maybe on here) say the writers seriously overestimate how interesting an hour long interview episode is. I appreciate that will be the case for lots of people, but for me those are the bits I always end up loving.

I think you're right regarding that was when it really blew up. But I think that was actually where the quality of the show started decreasing.

• Like 3

Watched the first episode of the new Apple series Mosquito Coast yesterday with Justin Theroux (who I think is brilliant following the excellent Leftovers series) and thought it was good. Intriguing, looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2021 at 22:03, Designer1 said:

Finished S1 of Godfather Of Harlem. 

Superb stuff. Definitely my favourite series of the year so far. Really looking forward to the next one.

I just binged it myself. Thought it was excellent.  A bit exaggerated at times, but some fine acting especially from Vincent D'onofrio as The Chin.

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched the first episode of the new Apple series Mosquito Coast yesterday with Justin Theroux (who I think is brilliant following the excellent Leftovers series) and thought it was good. Intriguing, looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

The movie was really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Oh I didn't even know there was a movie :O. Will check it out, thanks. 

Yeah, it was one of the first times that I realised Harrison Ford was a versatile actor - he treads the line between unlikable and sympathetic very well in that one.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Breaking Bad was a decent watch but I agree it’s nothing amazing.

I actually enjoyed Better Call Saul more than BB.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I watched the 1st episode of this last night too and really enjoyed it. Definitely interested to see where it is going

20 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

That was a really good documentary, I thought I knew a bit about Bundy but learnt so much more from it. Have you seen Nightstalker? He was another seriously sick, scary mofo. 

Sat watching Sons of Sam now, another one for the list 

• Like 1

Â