Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

SAS: Who Dares Wins is back! Getting a bit bored of it now but it still amazes me how unprepared and unsuitable some of the contestants are. Needs more Fashanu. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Would it still be worth watching S1 as a stand-alone or does that fact it doesn’t end there make that pointless?

I think so, season 1 is very good TV, it just went downhill from there 

It has 2 massive problems

Spoiler

they have created this great world in gilead and a story arc that centres around getting out of there, they then have to concoct all kinds of stupid reasons as to why people escape, don't escape, return etc they can't leave the place behind because its the most interesting element of the show

They have a great central character and actress in a story about her being oppressed, they've completely lost the balance of her, she's unrealistically empowered 

There was an obvious storyline to me after 2 seasons that they never really developed properly

Spoiler

Serena being a smart intelligent woman who even from her lifestyle and position of power was still being oppressed should have risen up against the system, she would have been far more believable as the orchestrator than June is 

Edited by villa4europe

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Would it still be worth watching S1 as a stand-alone or does that fact it doesn’t end there make that pointless?

Yeah absolutely, I think so. And S2 is still OK although it starts to fall apart when they no longer have the source material to build the show on.

• Thanks 1

I've been watching some old series from 2006 it's called Brotherhood. I'm really enjoying it. I'm now on the 3rd and last season. Some great acting from Jason Isaacs, who plays a criminal and Jason Clarke, who plays the brother who is a local politician. It's very gritty with some funny moments, but on the whole it portrays a very bleak World. 

I've been watching Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet, a fun little sitcom about a game development studio written by the guys who play Charlie and Mac in IASIP. Very different humour, I'm enjoying it but probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone other than people with an interest in games.

Except for episode 5, in which, mid-season, they tell a completely different story with a completely different cast, about a young couple who form a start-up gaming company in the 90s. The tone is completely different to the rest of the show, and it's just a beautiful 35 minutes of television. Absolutely bonkers to put it halfway through a season of a sitcom, but it's a truly touching episode that I'd recommend to anyone even if you have absolutely no interest in the rest of the show.

• Thanks 1

Watched the first Episode of Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) last night. Left very underwhelmed to say the least  I thought it would be something to watch with my lad but he fell asleep half way through.

Does anyone know if its worth sticking with?

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Did anyone watch 'Behind Her Eyes'?

Hide contents

Absolutely batshit insane ending. 5 episodes of slow burn then bang.

Had to watch it twice as was overload first time round

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched the first Episode of Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) last night. Left very underwhelmed to say the least  I thought it would be something to watch with my lad but he fell asleep half way through.

We've watched episode one last night and I thought it was okay. Not in the league of other shows (the Boys etc) but could be worse and showed some interesting bits. I'll give it a few episodes to let it find it's feet and let you know. 

On 10/05/2021 at 14:41, sne said:

Yeah absolutely, I think so. And S2 is still OK although it starts to fall apart when they no longer have the source material to build the show on.

Yes agree.   S1 and S2 are both great.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Did anyone watch 'Behind Her Eyes'?

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely batshit insane ending. 5 episodes of slow burn then bang.

Yeah mentioned that one a while back.

Thought it was interesting and what an ending!

Anyone just watch The Money Maker on Channel 4?  They started recording it at my last bakery just when I joined, so I was in it for about a second, brushing a table.  The whole programme made my old boss look an absolutely useless clearing in the woods, which is good.  What pissed me off was at the start is he said 'If things continue like they are, we could be bankrupt within a month', WELL YOU DIDNT SAY THAT IN MY INTERVIEW DID YOU, YOU DICKHEAD.  Instead he furloughed us and as I didn't get a paycheck before the furlough deadline he expected me to live off nothing.  At least I know I made the right choice by leaving.

• Like 3

Riders of Justice 2020

Just watched this and really enjoyed it, not to be missed for fellow scandi fans. 

Crime/Comedy revenge flick staring some of Denmark's finest, simple enough movie but so well done and with some excellent characters.

Sorry, this should have gone in the film thread.

Edited by Phil Silvers

On 11/05/2021 at 13:12, stuart_75 said:

I think it is worth sticking with personally. I am on the very last episode and have somewhat enjoyed it although I haven't loved it. I thought the 1st episode was a bit shit myself 

On 10/05/2021 at 09:49, useless said:

Underground Railroad new TV series from Barry Jenkins (Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk) starts this week.

This is apparently a supplementary film to the series...

Absolutely stupendous news!

We’re getting The Venture Bros. movie

Rusty, Hank, and Dean Venture in Venture Bros. season 7

hough suddenly and swiftly canceled in September 2020, Jackson Publick’s animated series The Venture Bros. will venture out again: Adult Swim announced on Wednesday that a feature-length Venture Bros. movie was in the works, along with new original entries of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Metalocalypse.

Though no specific release dates were announced, the original movies will all hit Blu-ray and VOD in an 90-day exclusive window before premiering on HBO Max and Adult Swim. The announcement coincides with the beginning of production on the projects.

Adult Swim and parent company WarnerMedia abruptly ended The Venture Bros. while Publick and collaborator Doc Hammer were writing season 8. Tweets at the time suggested the decision was a surprise to Publick, who thanked fans for their dedication to his weird, tightly knotted adventure comedy. “We also want more Venture Bros.,” Adult Swim tweeted in response to the outcry, “and have been working with Jackson and Doc to find another way to continue the Venture Bros. story.”

The effort worked out. Here’s the official synopsis for The Venture Bros. movie, which finds Publick and Hammer back in the drivers’ seats.

Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them.

https://www.polygon.com/animation-cartoons/22432125/venture-bros-movie-release-new-aqua-teen-metalocalypse

Â