Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Finished The Queen’s Gambit. What an absolute joy that was. 

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. Though, when I think about it im not entirely sure why in a weird way.

It was generally just a story of "here's a girl who's awesome at chess" , yet it was captivating television. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. Though, when I think about it im not entirely sure why in a weird way.

It was generally just a story of "here's a girl who's awesome at chess" , yet it was captivating television. 

The appeal is a flawed genius aspect I think and she is tasty 

Edited by Follyfoot

Just finished The Serpent, it’s the best thing I’ve watched in a long time. 

Spoiler

Why the hell he went back to Nepal though?! I guess his narcissism was too strong, he was bored living a safe life and missed the thrill of the escape. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Reveal hidden contents

Why the hell he went back to Nepal though?! I guess his narcissism was too strong, he was bored living a safe life and missed the thrill of the escape. 

Absolutely brilliant series. Can't remember who here recommended it but thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/01/2021 at 13:11, wilko154 said:

Watched episode one of The Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV last night.

Good so far, I know very little about them which always helps make it more interesting.

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Also watched the Pembrokeshire Murders this week, after someone recommended it. Had to endure adverts for the first time in ages but it was worth it. Again I’d never heard of John Cooper, which surprised me as I’m sure it would have been all over the news at various times in my life. There’s another programme that explains the case on ITV, with interviews from the detectives. That’s worth a watch too after you finish the main series.

I thought The Pembrokshire Murders was excellent, really engrossing, and was also amazed I had not heard the story before, I don't remember any of it on the news which is a surprise for such an amazing story. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Hide contents

Would’ve loved the chance to punch him as hard as possible in the stomach as he wanted, bleedin hippies

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big Salad said:

About to start final season of 'The Wire'.

Admittedly, I am one of the very few people I know who had never watched it and I can't really say tbh why took me so long.

Anyway, the whole show has been brilliant and one of the best I have ever seen, will slide into my top 5 no doubt.

the wire GIF

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Admittedly, I am one of the very few people I know who had never watched it and I can't really say tbh why took me so long.

Anyway, the whole show has been brilliant and one of the best I have ever seen, will slide into my top 5 no doubt.

Going to watch that series one day!

• Like 1

Midnight Diner

Japanese diner open from midnight till 7am. 30 minute episodes. Subtitled. Cast of characters that all have a story to tell. I suspect not everyone’s cup of tea, but if I had to choose one word to describe the experience: delightful
The food is a bonus as is the title music. Now that is beautiful as well.

we watched the first two episodes of The Serpent, but it's just too grim at the moment. We keep thinking oh yes we'll finish that, but we're rarely in the mood. There's nothing to leaven the subject at all. I suspect we will eventually, but it does feel like we need to power through it and just get it over with. 

On 17/01/2021 at 23:58, Big Salad said:

I watched it for the first time last year and really enjoyed it.  The McNulty story is nuts in the last season!

• Like 1

watched the unabomber over the last couple of days, was really enjoying it until the end and then spoiled almost entirely once id read up a little on it all over watching it, im not sure when it happened but i started to really dislike fitz and think he was bullshit verging on implausible 

might watch the docu series in a couple of weeks

• Like 1

Â