Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Finally finished the Vikings last night. Fantastic end and will really miss it

Really? I thought the end was crap. The quality had been declining for at least the last three seasons. S1 to S4 were fantastic though. 

Then again... 

Screenshot_2021-01-30-12-38-45-21.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Really? I thought the end was crap. The quality had been declining for at least the last three seasons. S1 to S4 were fantastic though. 

Then again... 

Screenshot_2021-01-30-12-38-45-21.jpg

It did lose a bit of its appeal when Ragnar died but I really enjoyed the way they kind of left it open at the end with Floki. The other brother looks like Connor as well 😄Jack the boneless

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It did lose a bit of its appeal when Ragnar died but I really enjoyed the way they kind of left it open at the end with Floki. The other brother looks like Connor as well 😄Jack the boneless

Any chance you could use the spoiler tags on stuff like this? I was going to start this show soon but someone on here posted a similar thing a couple of weeks and put me off. Thanks.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 4

Watched Hip Hop: The songs that shook America last night on BBC4. The first 2 episodes were Jesus Walks by Kanye West and Alright by Kendrick Lamar. 
I dislike Kanye West but still got something out of the first episode. Where the evolution of hip hop which is a superb series, focused on artists, this focused on certain tracks. 
I didn’t watch the Kendrick Lamar episode as he has passed me by. Next week its Rock Box by Run DMC and Elevators by Outkast. 
Its made by AMC so may be available to watch the entire series on your telly provider. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Hip Hop: The songs that shook America last night on BBC4. The first 2 episodes were Jesus Walks by Kanye West and Alright by Kendrick Lamar. 
I dislike Kanye West but still got something out of the first episode. Where the evolution of hip hop which is a superb series, focused on artists, this focused on certain tracks. 
I didn’t watch the Kendrick Lamar episode as he has passed me by. Next week its Rock Box by Run DMC and Elevators by Outkast. 
Its made by AMC so may be available to watch the entire series on your telly provider. 

Check out the dissect podcast on Spotify, does an album at a time looking at the context, lyrics and then the sampling, usually 1 or 2 songs per episode

Also not a fan of Kanye but did gain a bit of appreciation for him on some songs, am a fan of Kendrick but often feel songs like alright are a bit above my intelligence and understanding and a bit too much in to American society and politics for it to always resonate properly with me, alright being a perfect example of that, I'm better with simpler stuff like the recipe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Any chance you could use the spoiler tags on stuff like this? I was going to start this show soon but someone on here posted a similar thing a couple of weeks and put me off. Thanks.

Sorry, was not thinking 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Spaced was brilliant. I watched it first time around and thought it was alright, but I watched it again with my daughter a couple of years ago and we both loved it. 

It makes me nostalgic for the late 90's / early 00's!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Agreed. However, it’s still worth watching. The spoiler in the OP doesn’t actually spoil anything, in terms of dramaturgy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Currently watching City on a Hill.

4 episodes in and it's a pretty slow burner; has anyone watched it? Worth sticking with it?

Yeah I finished S1. As you say it's a slow burn but I thought it was a pretty solid 7/10

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The new limited series Your Honour,  starring Bryan Cranston coming soon on Sky Atlantic looks pretty decent

As does Zero Zero Zero (all episodes available from Thursday) with Gabriel Byrne 

I'm 8 episodes in and really enjoying it.

• Like 1

Just finished watching The Queen Gambit. I did enjoy it but probably not as much as others have seemed to. I did find myself looking at my phone a fair bit during the last few episodes. Still worth a watch if you haven't seen it 

Â