Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I've completely ignored the GBBS since it started. No particular interest in baking. But my sister adores it and has been trying to get me to watch at least the first episode.  

I watched the whole first season. Its well done. Cheerful. I was impressed by the intricate skill and artistry involved. It didn't hurt that Kate advanced to the semifinal, either. 

I likely won't watch any more of it though. But it was a good binge this past week. I needed a complete switch off from watching the news. 

The reason why its so popular over here in my opinion, and the same for Strictly (our version of Dancing with the stars) is that its a nice gentle break from the shit of the news. No malice, just people doing stuff. See also Pottery throwdown, repair shop, sewing bee etc. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The reason why its so popular over here in my opinion, and the same for Strictly (our version of Dancing with the stars) is that its a nice gentle break from the shit of the news. No malice, just people doing stuff. See also Pottery throwdown, repair shop, sewing bee etc. 

The pottery show was pretty cool. 

On 11/01/2021 at 06:30, Seat68 said:

The reason why its so popular over here in my opinion, and the same for Strictly (our version of Dancing with the stars) is that its a nice gentle break from the shit of the news. No malice, just people doing stuff. See also Pottery throwdown, repair shop, sewing bee etc. And people are idiots.

😇

• Haha 1

On 11/01/2021 at 06:30, Seat68 said:

I was chatting to a mate the other day about a similar thing.

I was suggesting that although Mandolorian and Cobra Kai are fantastic in their own right, that part of their popularity may be down to the nostalgic charm giving us a happy glow during the current shitstorm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/01/2021 at 11:30, Milfner said:

The Serpent definitely worth a watch. Absolutely flew through all eight episodes.

Episode 5 tonight (managing to restrict to one a night) very good so far, he is a very naughty boy 

• Like 1

Will be starting the Serpent tonight but also recording Rhod Gilbert’s Growing Pains on Comedy Central tonight.

However, really looking forward to sky Arts Landscape Artist of The Year 2021 which kicks off tomorrow. I really enjoy both the Landscape and Portrait competitions - some amazingly talented people out there. 

Edited by theboyangel

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I was chatting to a mate the other day about a similar thing.

I was suggesting that although Mandolorian and Cobra Kai are fantastic in their own right, that part of their popularity may be down to the nostalgic charm giving us a happy glow during the current shitstorm.

I've said it before but there's no way you're going to appreciate Cobra Kai if you were never into Karate Kid.

That said, I bloody love it with the exception of Samantha LaRusso's latest boy dramas.

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Episode 5 tonight (managing to restrict to one a night) very good so far, he is a very naughty boy 

I'm up to the fourth episode, it's a decent enough watch but the amount of going back and forth in time did my head in a bit.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've said it before but there's no way you're going to appreciate Cobra Kai if you were never into Karate Kid.

That said, I bloody love it with the exception of Samantha LaRusso's latest boy dramas.

I disagree.    I don't know the original karate kid but i've enjoyed Cobra Kai.  They show a flashback of the old scene when i need context, though really don't even need that, just need to know two old enemies hated each other at school and thats about it. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm up to the fourth episode, it's a decent enough watch but the amount of going back and forth in time did my head in a bit.

Hard work first few episodes for sure, is it me or does anyone else say out load 'two months later' in a French accent like on SpongeBob

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I disagree.    I don't know the original karate kid but i've enjoyed Cobra Kai.  They show a flashback of the old scene when i need context, though really don't even need that, just need to know two old enemies hated each other at school and thats about it. 

Yeah but it’s cheesy and predictable as hell.  Maybe you can still enjoy it but without the nostalgia factor it is greatly diminished.  Part of the excitement is which character they’ll bring back next.

Â