Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm with @ender4 on that, I think I've watched the original Karate Kid movie maybe once in my lifetime and it was... fine.  Never watched the sequels, never been particularly attached to the franchise but have immensely enjoyed Cobra Kai.  Helps that it just embraces the sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned Bosch in this thread at some point and it's pretty decent. So many actors from The Wire feature in it. On S6 and enjoyed it.

Think I need to try The Expanse again after Bosch. Tried to watch The Expanse about 5 times but can never get past the first episode. 

• Like 3

binged Cobra Kai and have to say its super impressive. I was expecting something super cheesy and for children but its quite dark as well as funny at times. William Zabka deserves awards for his performance and hopefully can get some movie roles going forward

• Like 4

Don’t really watch itv much but fair’s fair, I enjoyed the Pembrokeshire murders drama. A solid watch throughout, doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. I really like Luke Evans, maybe I haven’t got a decent read on things, but to me it feels like quite a big “get” for itv getting him on board. 

And I can’t remember the last time I saw Keith Allen in anything, not a huge fan of his football anthems, but he’s always watchable.

Spoiler

Grim subject matter obviously, but I couldn’t help but smile when a crucial point in the drama is accompanied by the Bullseye theme tune.

• Like 1

I know why Cobra Kai is so succesful, it's because people, perhaps without realizing it are fed up with how boring and stale current TV dramas have become, most of them using the same tired old formulatic cliches in order to become the lastest big event "binge watch show".

Edited by useless

On 12/01/2021 at 23:19, PieFacE said:

Someone mentioned Bosch in this thread at some point and it's pretty decent. So many actors from The Wire feature in it. On S6 and enjoyed it.

Think I need to try The Expanse again after Bosch. Tried to watch The Expanse about 5 times but can never get past the first episode. 

I've binged all of Bosch. Took me 3 weeks. A strange feeling of emptiness when I realised it was all over. Apparently, the next season will be the last. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've binged all of Bosch. Took me 3 weeks. A strange feeling of emptiness when I realised it was all over. Apparently, the next season will be the last. 

Bosch is an utterly fantastic series.As a lover of the books loved when they started making the show and am pleased with the result

• Like 1

finished Cobra Kai, season 3 starts weak but gets better. Daniels wife is one of the underrated gems of the show with a bit of sarcasm thrown in every so often

Spoiler

Robby Keene changes sides more times than his namesake. Waiting for him to say its his boyhood dream to join Cobra Kai

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, very enjoyable and although different I'd say fans of money heist would definitely enjoy it.

Reminded me a bit of oceans 11, the good parts... You know what he's going do but you don't know how he's going to do and then I think Sy has the same kind of charm as Clooney and Pitt in that film 

Really enjoyed it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Watched a few things recently. 

I’m 6 episodes into The Serpent, and throughly enjoying it. It’s a mad story and one I’d not come across before. Charles Sobhraj is a sinister character that I’d never heard of. I agree with @PieFacE on the drink taking point, I wondered that too. But then they are space cadet ‘long hairs’, not known for their common sense. 

I watched the first episode of Lupin last night, it looks very good. I always watch with subtitles so didn’t really notice the dubbing too much. Cool story though. 

Also watched the Pembrokeshire Murders this week, after someone recommended it. Had to endure adverts for the first time in ages but it was worth it. Again I’d never heard of John Cooper, which surprised me as I’m sure it would have been all over the news at various times in my life. There’s another programme that explains the case on ITV, with interviews from the detectives. That’s worth a watch too after you finish the main series.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not a fan of subtitles, probably because is on, but I’m also looking at phone so subtitles have to concentrate more 

I like it for that reason.

All too often I’m watching something and get distracted by my phone so have to actually put my phone away to concentrate on the programme.

• Like 3

Â