Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Watched the Queens Gambit over the weekend. Not the kind of thing I'd usually go for but my wife convinced me to give it a go and it was excellent.

Yeah, I watched it last week and really enjoyed it. I only watched it out of desperation for something to watch

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Currently halfway through The Serpent. Can't decide whether I like it or not, tbh. 

Having finished it, it’s worth persevering with. 

I quite liked the style of it and the method used to tell the story but understand how it would irk some viewers

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Having finished it, it’s worth persevering with. 

I quite liked the style of it and the method used to tell the story but understand how it would irk some viewers

I can live with the constant flash back/flash forward style, as it's clearly being used to do the 'reveals' exactly in line with the Dutch amateur sleuth discovering each one. Mrs M is more irritated by it than me. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watched the first episode of It’s A Sin today. My life it was good. I really enjoy Russell T Davies non Dr Who output and I feel this will shape up to be one of the best. 

It's brilliant and very powerful.  Got one more episode to watch tonight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished bbq showdown very good

Started blwon away, struggling a bit with the arty nature of it "it represents the unbreakable human spirit in the face of adversity" 

Confused Little Girl GIF

Its a bowl mate

That's a recurring theme. It's the arty-ist of these kind of shows - lots of interpretation and metaphor, lots of trying to say something abstract with a lump of glass.

Yeah finished season 1 and the 2 efforts in the final seemingly came down to an arty thing that the other simply wasn't in a place to contend with

Spoiler

The trans woman put an egg in the middle of her piece representing the lack of women in their industry... Goodnight Vienna 

I think the telegraphing of the final was more annoying, you could see it coming from episode 2 or 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah finished season 1 and the 2 efforts in the final seemingly came down to an arty thing that the other simply wasn't in a place to contend with

Hide contents

The trans woman put an egg in the middle of her piece representing the lack of women in their industry... Goodnight Vienna 

I think the telegraphing of the final was more annoying, you could see it coming from episode 2 or 3

Watch Series 2 and see if you notice the bullshit moment.

• Like 1

I always seem late to the game lol when it comes to great shows. Anyway, started watching Boardwalk Empire this past Friday and will finish it this morning. Great show and Steve Buscemi and really the entire cast are fantastic.

• Like 2

Its A Sin, watched the last 3 episodes last night and I sat there thinking, who gets the bafta. 
Its content won’t be for everyone, thats fine its your loss as it was absolutely one if the best bits of telly I have seen in a long time. 

• Like 2

Watched the Nightstalker on Netflix this week, the documentary itself wasn’t great. I feel they could have told a better story than the slow, drawn out one they did. However it was worth watching just to learn about Richard Ramirez, particularly for me as I’d not heard of this case before. He was one sick, evil individual! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Its A Sin, watched the last 3 episodes last night and I sat there thinking, who gets the bafta
Its content won’t be for everyone, thats fine its your loss as it was absolutely one if the best bits of telly I have seen in a long time. 

Wait for the last episode as Keeley Hawes makes a late claim

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Hide contents

Wait for the last episode as Keeley Hawes makes a late claim

Spoiler is about last episode. 

Spoiler

Doesnt she. I couldn’t fathom why she was being so underused. Then bloody hell she comes in.  

• Like 1

@Chindie not sure if it's what you meant with blown away but I finished episode 3 with the cartoon characters

Spoiler

And the guy who will be in the final did the pencils... 

And then spoke about himself in the 3rd person saying he doesn't do googly eyes

That's like me on bake off saying I don't do cakes here's some bread 

He should have gone 

Just now, villa4europe said:

@Chindie not sure if it's what you meant with blown away but I finished episode 3 with the cartoon characters

Hide contents

And the guy who will be in the final did the pencils... 

And then spoke about himself in the 3rd person saying he doesn't do googly eyes

That's like me on bake off saying I don't do cakes here's some bread 

He should have gone 

Bang on.

Spoiler

A guy decides he doesn't want to do the challenge, and does something else very tangentially related to the challenge, albeit very well. 

They get rid of a guy who meets the brief but doesn't do anything astounding.

Nonsense. They just wanted the other guy to remain in the competition despite him actively rejecting the challenge.

Utter nonsense and soured me on the show.

• Like 1

Â