Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/23 at 22:59

Just now, Steero113 said:

It's 4 games in. 

Liverpool are the best team in Europe on form over the last 15 league games. 

We were s**t, get over it. 

But it's a forum, we ask why?

Villa fans can ask questions of the manager and should not be criticised for it.

Yes we are miles off Liverplop but yet last season we played the game tactically very well; Villa gave them the game today it was too easy. Supporters are sad, angry, dejected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Oh I don’t actually blame the players particularly. We have lost 2 key players to long term injuries, now we are trying to bed in a new player who clearly isn’t up to it (yet). Then we get Carlos injured for who knows how long. It may be 4 games but those 4 games might have just determined our season. 

I'm depressed as well mate, but I've found that the best way is to just swallow it, grab a beer, have a bbq and think about how we are going to do a job on Palace in 2 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But it's a forum, we ask why?

Villa fans can ask questions of the manager and should not be criticised for it.

Yes we are miles off Liverplop but yet last season we played the game tactically very well; Villa gave them the game today it was too easy. Supporters are sad, angry, dejected.

Did say you couldn't ask why. Although I did provide a fairly decent explanation as to why we got battered. Liverpool just blew us out of the water today. Bad day at the office all round. 

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I couldn’t be more dejected. Another injury. Another capitulation. This season has been spoiled and it has barely begun 

My dad gave me a little claret and blue Aston Villa pin when I became a Villa supporter in 1974. It was inscribed on the back, "Expect good days and bad days." 

He didn't really, but he could have. 😁

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 4

Early goal away from home to a better team and key CB injured. Tough events to deal with.

2 week break now hopefully we can reset and get 3 points from Palace.

Remember we had a 13 game shambles run to start last season and still got 7th.

It will take time for this defensive set up to get it right. It'll happen. Top 8 or 9 and a ECL run is a good season and still there for us. Early days still 

30 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

An upward trajectory after finishing 7th in the league would be mixing it with the teams above us. This season we have performed worse than last season against the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool and have a weak defence. We should be at least competitive against these teams but are getting brushed aside with relative ease. 

There was nothing particularly controversial about the first goal and losing carlos had no effect on the outcome. This was simply men against boys and emery getting his tactics and personnel wrong. 

What does that even mean? Has the league finished today with us finishing in the bottom half?  Our squad is better than last year. We have Unai for a full season which is better than last year. Both of those things would suggest we are on an upward trajectory. 
Newcastle and Liverpool are both also on an upward trajectory and their rate of progress may be quicker than ours. We will see. 
Why are you writing off our defence after only a handful of games? Seriously, have some patience. Progress takes time and it is never linear. We will have ups and downs but our club is miles ahead of anywhere we have been in the last ten years or more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

What does that even mean? Has the league finished today with us finishing in the bottom half?  Our squad is better than last year. We have Unai for a full season which is better than last year. Both of those things would suggest we are on an upward trajectory. 
Newcastle and Liverpool are both also on an upward trajectory and their rate of progress may be quicker than ours. We will see. 
Why are you writing off our defence after only a handful of games? Seriously, have some patience. Progress takes time and it is never linear. We will have ups and downs but our club is miles ahead of anywhere we have been in the last ten years or more.

I think it's the fact that if we want to finish better than last season we need to be on it from game 1, an the issue is not the loss against Liverpool its the manner of the loss, which we cannot carry into the season.

• Thanks 1

Not what we were hoping for.

You cannot afford to give Liverpool an early goal and the chance to build early momentum!

Boy do we miss Tyrone.

I have been very disappointed in how we defend corners for an while. Everyone seems to get pulled back behind the penalty spot and nobody pressurises players on the edge of our box.

let’s not dwell on a poor performance where only a few come out with any credit. Diaby and Zaniolo showed enough to think there will be better days ahead but we do need defenders who can defend at away games like this.

• Like 2

2.09 to 0.7xG isn't bad away to Liverpool. Especially when we conceded inside 3 mins and lost our ball winning CB inside 19 mins.

Really only a point dropped as the best you can get from Anfield is a point.

It'll take time for the defence to bed in with the new system. Hard to judge us so far as any game plan for Newcastle and Liverpool went out the window within mins with the early goals conceded and the CB injury.

We've had 3 away games to start the season too. Which is a bit unfair and something I don't understand.

Hopefully a few players back after the international break and we get the 3 points against Palace. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

2.09 to 0.7xG isn't bad away to Liverpool. Especially when we conceded inside 3 mins and lost our ball winning CB inside 19 mins.

Really only a point dropped as the best you can get from Anfield is a point.

It'll take time for the defence to bed in with the new system. Hard to judge us so far as any game plan for Newcastle and Liverpool went out the window within mins with the early goals conceded and the CB injury.

We've had 3 away games to start the season too. Which is a bit unfair and something I don't understand.

Hopefully a few players back after the international break and we get the 3 points against Palace. 

Surprised Liverpool's one is as low as 2. You had Nunez missing an open goal right at start of half and he also hit the bar from a one on one so interested how they work that out from those two plays that didn't result in goal. And Salah one was a basic tap in.

Â