Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

This is absolutely mental. The ramblings of serial killer who leabes diaries about their crimes.

Is it? When does that sort of performance ever go down with the fans and the players that have come on only to be subbed off again? Would have expected that at the tail end of Smiths time in charge or Gerrards. Not under Emery. 

2 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

We gave them a much better game last season – should have won, probably - when they were arguably stronger, and we were arguably weaker.

Last season we turned up battle ready knowing we would have to really dig in. This year we are as soft as shite and expecting it to be leisurely like against Hibs and Everton. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Is it? When does that sort of performance ever go down with the fans and the players that have come on only to be subbed off again? Would have expected that at the tail end of Smiths time in charge or Gerrards. Not under Emery. 

You think it's even remotely possible he's lost the dressing room? Based on that performance? 

Thoroughly beaten. We can afford to slow the play vs teams with little pace but as with Newcastle we just opened up like a can of worms every time they came forward. The space we gave up in our half at times was atrocious today. Total crap and a bit worrying Emery didn't expect the same outcome playing the same way as we did vs Newcastle. Other than Luiz and Diaby the whole team was crap. 

We are a very middling team at the moment and will continue to be unless Unai drops the high line against teams that can destroy us with pace. I'm not even sure I can actually blame the back line when your exposing them at times within the system. They look fantastic one week and totally garbage the next. Seems system related more than the players to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

You think it's even remotely possible he's lost the dressing room? Based on that performance? 

I compared it to the sort of performance where a coach loses the dressing room, I didn’t say he HAD lost the dressing room. 
I don’t know whats going on, but two embarrassing performances out of four when there was so much hype and expectation isn’t great. I expect us to not be able to compete against any of the top sides on current showings.  

13 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't think that's really fair in this instance, I think people are universally recognising he's had a poor start to his career here but most seem to believe he'll come good. Think Emery would have preferred a slower introduction for him, but Mings injury stopped that.

That’s a very generous interpretation of the comments I was reading in the match thread and now the reactions here, but I hope you are right. 

Worth remembering that a year or two ago the idea that a player like Torres would be in our squad would have been a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa have given both too much of the ball...

We didn't impose our game from the start; Villa crumbled in both games. Scared, weak, naive choose your words; all three suffice.

Yeah, we were trying to get our game going and cocked up giving away a corner in the first minute.

That's not being scared.

Naive you can have if you want, but more it's just not being good enough at what we're trying to do.

The constant insults and insinuation from our fans that every time we lose we're "mentally weak" or anything like that is BS.

• Like 1

I couldn’t be more dejected. Another injury. Another capitulation. This season has been spoiled and it has barely begun *

*edit I don’t point the figure at anyone for that. Lady Luck strikes again and has again decided Villa shall not have happiness 

Edited by Spoony

Just now, Spoony said:

I couldn’t be more dejected. Another injury. Another capitulation. This season has been spoiled and it has barely begun 

It's 4 games in. 

Liverpool are the best team in Europe on form over the last 15 league games. 

We were s**t, get over it. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

It's 4 games in. 

Liverpool are the best team in Europe on form over the last 15 league games. 

We were s**t, get over it. 

Oh I don’t actually blame the players particularly. We have lost 2 key players to long term injuries, now we are trying to bed in a new player who clearly isn’t up to it (yet). Then we get Carlos injured for who knows how long. It may be 4 games but those 4 games might have just determined our season. 

Â