Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

What a performance and result last weekend. I honestly didn’t believe that this current squad had that kind of dominant performance in them, especially against such a top team. Some of the best football I’ve seen us play in the last 10/15 years, maybe more. From start to finish we were electric and looked every bit a top six team. Can we keep it going and continue our unbeaten run, let’s hope so. Can’t see any team or squad changes for this:

Martinez

Young       Konsa           Mings       Moreno

Dendoncker         Luiz

McGinn                       Ramsey

Buendia       
                                 Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Sinisalo, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Revan, Patterson, Traore, Duran 

Our confidence is sky high right now and Brentford appear to be in a mini slump, so I think we can get another away victory here but it will be a tough game. 0-2 win UTV

The longer we go undefeated, the more nervous I get! 

I wouldn't be surprised if we pull up short here purely because Brentford are so strong at home. If we maintain the same level of intensity that we did against Newcastle then we have a great chance.

Vital we start quickly,  on our toes  from the first seconds, if we can do this then we stand a chance of building on our progress. This goes for all the players, despite the press attention we need the business like mentality to win again and fight for that win, Ollie has to be ready for an early chance,  they will press us with intensity and numbers from the off and try and unsettle us. This will leave space at the back for Ollie.

Brentford will have something to prove against the new golden Boys, us, it's vital we don't get ahead of ourselves and fight for every ball. It's our final. 

18 hours ago, Nigel said:

Would have been useful to have a couple of these back for these 3 games in a week.

Hopefully some can get back for Fulham or at least Man. United otherwise we're stretched if anyone else gets injured.

Guess we just rushed Kamara back far too quickly. Would've thought Cashy isn't too far off returning as not like he pulled his hamstring when he was with Poland and that game was a month ago now.

Other two guessing start of May.

These are the games Unai seems to be able to get results from - but historically we always struggled to. I think he will outcoach Frank, and that will be the difference.

Beat them, and we're 10 points clear of them with 6 games to go, which probably means we can't finish worse than 8th (just don't lose to Fulham!). And that would be amazing. 

And if we keep winning, then we're applying the pressure to Brighton, Liverpool, Spuds, and maybe even Man Ure and Newcastle - with a lot of games between these teams to come. Pressure and the end of season 'on the beach' mentality can make weird things happen.
Some news outlets are now asking if we can make the top 4 - which would be just ridiculous!

• Like 1

Well it seems we are still going under the radar with the bookies. Corals have Brentford, who have lost their last three games and drew the two before those, as 6/4 favourites. You can get 15/8 on us, despite us having won our last five games. They also have Ollie at 6/4 to score at any time. I know we have an awful record there and this won't be an easy game, but....  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John said:

Well it seems we are still going under the radar with the bookies. Corals have Brentford, who have lost their last three games and drew the two before those, as 6/4 favourites. You can get 15/8 on us, despite us having won our last five games. They also have Ollie at 6/4 to score at any time. I know we have an awful record there and this won't be an easy game, but....  

We don't seem too worried about awful records currently. Our away form is up there with the best and we are on a roll. First away kit win hopefully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

I said this in the Newcastle pre match thread that we're surprisingly good value, think we were 3 to 1 v Newcastle. Fair play also whoever replied in that thread and said they had the win and Watkins to score at really generous odds. I guess they think all this runs out at some point. 

• Like 2

Didn’t realise they have only lost twice at  home this season. Tough game and Villa have a poor record when it comes to Brentford away. Could be the game where we drop points but will be happy with a draw here aslong as beat Fulham Tuesday night. 

48 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I loathe this fixture. Every time we go there we not only lose but play crap as well. Hopefully another curse Don Unai can break.

Comes across really drab looking on TV too. Don't think it's any fault of Brentford but similar to watching Fulham on TV, the angles are not my favorite for whatever reason.