Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

i did say if we were going to drop points as long as it wasn't against newcastle I'd be happy so in theory I should be fine if we drop points here. Will be very tough, despite their results. But I am confident at least we have the manager who will set them up right and respond as best he can if the game isn't going our way. Hopefully, we take our chances when they come along. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

No, I was discussing this with a mate the other day. The most Villa thing we can do is finish the season strong, make Europe. Sign 3 world class players in the summer and spend next season fighting relegation. 

Im with you though in the impending sense this can’t last forever. But absolutely Unai will have them as prepared and motivated as it’s possible to be. 

The juxtaposition of my experience of supporting Villa and my experience of Villa under Unai create maximal cognitive dissonance at this point in time. I basically have no idea what to expect each week and we just win. 

🤣 True.  At least I now expect a game plan, confidence and effort in each game.  We are well overdue a loss even if it's against run of play / individual errors / poor officiating etc.  Really hope we win the next 2 to put out rivals under the most pressure tho.

Edited by Adman
Typo

On 16/04/2023 at 18:50, Adman said:

I always regret being confident about winning.  Thinking we'll lose every game is som much more comfortable.  

FB_IMG_1681925341633.jpg

They'll be well up for this, if they lose then their own European hopes will be pretty much over. Win and they get closer to us and Liverpool. Form would suggest an away win though. If we can score early again, then it should go our way, 3 points here sets us up for a massive night on tues.

i would keep the same team that beat Newcastle.

The team that faced Newcastle was combative and effective all over the pitch, and we will need that against a very physical Brentford side i think.

Bailey would go missing i think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Does that mean we've not won in our away kit since Unai arrived.

I'm not one for bad omens but that's not a great one is it.

He's the curse breaker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Does that mean we've not won in our away kit since Unai arrived.

I'm not one for bad omens but that's not a great one is it.

We only played in it once with him in the league cup loss at Utd.

Before that we lost at Bournemouth, lost at Palace and drew at Forest. We’ve opted for the 3rd kit more often than not ever since.

On 17/04/2023 at 09:28, Demitri_C said:

Oh go on then as soon as ive done it every week we have won lets hope that remains

Screenshot_20230417_100956_Facebook.jpg

Got worried and went back through the pages to make sure this had been posted!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A tough game, Brentford are a good team; tactically astute.

But Emery has had a week to study them and develop our plan; hoping this results in another win for Villa.

Importantly the players have had a week to rest as they have a number of games coming up over the next few weeks.