Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

On 17/04/2023 at 11:03, Brentfordnylons said:

Don’t think we are playing any different on this poor run of results than when we were before but the luck has changed like it always does.We are more than capable of getting a win Saturday but not confident and would settle for a draw.Watched you beat Newcastle Saturday in a Brum pub before making my way to Wolverhampton and went back after the game and met quite a few Villa fans in and around New street they were rightly excited about the game and the run in.Most of my mates think we will get stuffed and are on the beach but I don’t think Frank will allow that to happen.

It will be tough....like all the games have been in this league.

• Like 1

Every game now i just fear there is going to be a dodgy VAR call that's going to make us drop points.

Maybe the PL are saving it for when we play Spurs.

Edited by AshVilla

It's an opportunity for Watkins to improve his away record against top half sides. He only has 1 goal this season away to a top 10 side and that was Man City. He seems to love top half sides at home (5 goals) and bottom half sides away (6). Actually in our run-in he'll get plenty of opportunity because everyone who's left bar Wolves is top half.

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

What's the matter with you? Gerrards gone now you know!!

Look I watched the game, seen the highlights about 5 times and downloaded all the content and podcasts I could find and am all aboard the "getting carried away" train.  But it can't last can it?

4 hours ago, Adman said:

Look I watched the game, seen the highlights about 5 times and downloaded all the content and podcasts I could find and am all aboard the "getting carried away" train.  But it can't last can it?

Enjoy it and stop trying to find reasons to moan! This is Villa now 

4 hours ago, Adman said:

The carried away train have no concept of stopping. Once onboard there is no turning back, reason and doubt didn’t join the journey, Villa will win the next 7 matches and we will get 3rd place.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that 4-0 is gonna be jn thwir minds so i expect a tough game. We never win there so id take a point

We've never played there under Unai. 

It won't be an easy game but no chance would I take a point, got to be going for all three. 

18 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

We've never played there under Unai. 

It won't be an easy game but no chance would I take a point, got to be going for all three. 

Very true. Hopefully its another hoodoo he can exorcise 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that 4-0 is gonna be jn thwir minds so i expect a tough game. We never win there so id take a point

That 4-0 was only 3 days after the sacking of the fraud, following that performance at Fulham.  I would imagine it will be on their minds, given that our performance then was under a caretaker manager, and not the Sultan.

Can't wait to see what Unai will come up with.  A bespoke strategy to beat every team in the league, the unpredictably of it all is nice.

How are Brentford supposed to prepare for this game, are we gonna play slow and high, or go direct?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Ivan Toney's got a bet on Villa to win 3-0.

If he scores a 30 yard own goal in the 94th minute to make it 3-0 we'll know you were getting a cut of the money...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Adman said:

It certainly can. We have to believe that we are now a very good team. The players clearly do!!

20 hours ago, Adman said:

I'm pretty confident that we'll drop points here.  It's the villariest thing we can do, perhaps followed by losing to Fulham.

No, I was discussing this with a mate the other day. The most Villa thing we can do is finish the season strong, make Europe. Sign 3 world class players in the summer and spend next season fighting relegation. 

Im with you though in the impending sense this can’t last forever. But absolutely Unai will have them as prepared and motivated as it’s possible to be. 

The juxtaposition of my experience of supporting Villa and my experience of Villa under Unai create maximal cognitive dissonance at this point in time. I basically have no idea what to expect each week and we just win. 

• Like 3