Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Can we all spare a thought for @Paddywhack tomorrow please?  

Imagine how hard it will be, on a train full of Villa fans when that stop comes and all of the Villa fans get off, singing, laughing, joking... Full of anticipation and excitement of the upcoming game.  Potentially a historic day out.  

While you sit there, blankly staring at your wife.. on your way to see a Harry ****' Potter play.  

Words will be said to you.. but you won't hear them.  The only sound you'll hear on that once vibrant carriage, will be the sound of "Allez! Allez! Allez!" ringing in your big, fat, dumb head. 

I only pray that your return journey doesn't coincide with a joyous Villa army returning to Birmingham, while you sit there, dressed as Harry ****' Potter - scar, cape, silly glasses and a stupid stuffed Owl stitched to your shoulder.  

#prayforpaddy 🙏

Should be allowed to bring on a sub in situations like this

• Haha 1

It’s hard to feel anything other than confident after the run we’ve been on. It’s another massive game for us, and a difficult away game, but man… we’re really f***ing good at football right now.

Brentford have only won 1 of the last 6, we’ve won 5 and drawn 1 of the last 6… it’s the in form team vs the out of form team and we have to be confident but not complacent I think.

Be patient, and it will come, I reckon a cheeky 0-2 Villa.

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

1953 apparently the last time we won at Brentford? According to the BBC,  if true we need to change that today !!

But we’ve probably only played them about 12 times in all those years?

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

My birthday too!  Happy birthday dude.

Perfect present would be 3points for the villa today.

happy Birthday to both of you.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

But we’ve probably only played them about 12 times in all those years?

We have played and lost 4 times at their ground since 1953. We did win the first 4 meetings at their place, so the total head to head is 4 wins and 4 loses.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We have played and lost 4 times at their ground since 1953. We did win the first 4 meetings at their place, so the total head to head is 4 wins and 4 loses.

Yeah. And that win at theirs in 1953 was in the FA Cup.

Our last win away v Brentford in the league was in 1947. And I remember it well. I went to that match on my penny farthing, wearing my top hat and my monocle. 🧐

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1