Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good line up - but jeez our chances of qualifying for Europe absolutely hanging on our ability to avoid injuries and suspensions. 

Two keepers, two kids, Diego Carlos potentially not actually ready to play; if we were to lose a couple of first teamers we'd be all over the shop.

Enter Ben 'Career Killer' Mee.

Genuine question, how have they not ruled on Toney yet?

He was charged in November, allegedly (according to newspapers) he plead guilty at the end of Feb, how long does it take to give him the outcome/ruling???

almost looks like they will ban him at the end of the season, with 2-3 months of that ban being in the season break....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Genuine question, how have they not ruled on Toney yet?

He was charged in November, allegedly (according to newspapers) he plead guilty at the end of Feb, how long does it take to give him the outcome/ruling???

almost looks like they will ban him at the end of the season, with 2-3 months of that ban being in the season break....

Probably a bunch of legal malarkey going on behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gonna turn into one of those physcho fans who hunt him down, fire bomb his car, if he injures one of our players today.

Just don't google "how to make a fire bomb" from home.  Do it from a public library.   I would hate for you to get caught.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder how surprised Brentford fans will be when Mee touches the ball for the first time today and gets a volley of (richly deserved) Villa abuse?

Surely they will have experienced that before over the last year or so. They probably think we're jealous of that nasty GBH-monger.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder how surprised Brentford fans will be when Mee touches the ball for the first time today and gets a volley of (richly deserved) Villa abuse?

Didn't he play in the VP game?

I think he was injured for the Burnley games end of last season so guessing this is first time he's faced us since crowds returned?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I dunno

- Bailey

- Carlos

- Cash

- Kamara

- Coutinho

Most of those are starters. I wouldn't say that was lucky

But we are able to cope with what little squad we have, that's the point. Any more and we are going to be in trouble. 

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Surely they will have experienced that before over the last year or so. They probably think we're jealous of that nasty GBH-monger.

Yeah he also snapped oxelaide chamberlain and there's no way them lot would forget it

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he also snapped oxelaide chamberlain and there's no way them lot would forget it

Man if anybody needs a nice hard dose of karma it's him.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't he play in the VP game?

I think he was injured for the Burnley games end of last season so guessing this is first time he's faced us since crowds returned?

I think he was injured for the VP game in October. 

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Could this be our SIXTH win on the trot!? When was the last time this was done (apologies if this has already been hashed out)..?

In the Prem I believe it was 92-93 under large Ronald.

Think they did 7.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Could this be our SIXTH win on the trot!? When was the last time this was done (apologies if this has already been hashed out)..?

Never been done in PL era, we did it in 96-97 season just before Christmas and then again in 97-98 season shortly after Gregory joined when we won 9 of our last 11 games. The last time we won six in a row I think was 1989-90 season. Really hope we can do it today. 

Just now, Leeroy said:

Never been done in PL era, we did it in 96-97 season just before Christmas and then again in 97-98 season shortly after Gregory joined when we won 9 of our last 11 games. The last time we won six in a row I think was 1989-90 season. Really hope we can do it today. 

One of us is probably right, and I'm not mega confident it's me 😆

• Haha 1