Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Second straight weekend given Newcastle were favourites last time.

I'd love to know how they've worked this one out given we're on a ridiculous run away from home under UE that has stretched six months and Brentford have actually drawn with Leicester and Palace in recent times at home so not like it's some impossible place where everyone loses.

Bookies adjust their odds based on flurries but aside from the owner and Ivan Toney who's actually betting on Brentford to win this? They'll be more than happy with a point v us and think they'll be very defensive tomorrow which would be interesting tactic and see how we react to that.

It’s probably because Brentford are due a win, have been unlucky with a couple of those results and have excellent home form having lost only a couple at home all season. They’re a good side, not to say we can’t beat them but I can see why outsiders think it’s a tough fixture for us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Second straight weekend given Newcastle were favourites last time.

I'd love to know how they've worked this one out given we're on a ridiculous run away from home under UE that has stretched six months and Brentford have actually drawn with Leicester and Palace in recent times at home so not like it's some impossible place where everyone loses.

Bookies adjust their odds based on flurries but aside from the owner and Ivan Toney who's actually betting on Brentford to win this? They'll be more than happy with a point v us and think they'll be very defensive tomorrow which would be interesting tactic and see how we react to that.

It’s a good time to be betting on Villa. Although I would cover the draw in this one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chappy said:

My birthday today, last time we played on it was beating Millwall in the 10 match winning run. Will be a tough match given our shocking recent history visiting them but hoping Don Unai can change that! Ollie to bag again.

Happy Birthday pal, hope it’s good one! 

We’ll beat them. 

• Thanks 1

This is a weird one. Don’t know what to think. Villa’s recent form makes it feel like we should be OK, but I’m never comfortable feeling comfortable as a Villa supporter. I think what makes it strange for me is that Brentford  so much lacks an identity that’s recognizable to me as a club. I know it obviously different for the supporters, but it all just seems like a very vague west London club.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

In 13 of Brentford's 15 home premier league games this season they have come away with at least a point.

So based on that (despite our superb form) I think we'll struggle to win this one.

I reckon 1-1 but obviously hope we can win again. UTV!

Happy birthday to @chappyand @dubbs by the way!

Newcastle had only lost 3 games in total before last weekend. 

We shagged em, we'll shag these. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2