Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Here's something we don't hear much about since the extraordinary run:

2 KEEPERS ON THE BENCH!!? SO STUPID

Shhh, it's been the (unmentioned) secret to our recent success!!!

🤣

• Haha 2

Proper nervous about this one. I know Brentford are a strong side but after beating Newcastle, I can't get it out of my head that we should win again tomorrow.

Excited too though. Unai's Villa are something else.

• Like 2

Have to go into this knowing the 2 immediately above us play each other so one or both are dropping points. With Brighton not playing again, they will have 3 games in hand and you’d expect Plop to beat Forest with ease. Important psychologically we get the points to stay ahead of them. Excited for tomorrow UTV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John said:

Well it seems we are still going under the radar with the bookies. Corals have Brentford, who have lost their last three games and drew the two before those, as 6/4 favourites. You can get 15/8 on us, despite us having won our last five games. They also have Ollie at 6/4 to score at any time. I know we have an awful record there and this won't be an easy game, but....  

Second straight weekend given Newcastle were favourites last time.

I'd love to know how they've worked this one out given we're on a ridiculous run away from home under UE that has stretched six months and Brentford have actually drawn with Leicester and Palace in recent times at home so not like it's some impossible place where everyone loses.

Bookies adjust their odds based on flurries but aside from the owner and Ivan Toney who's actually betting on Brentford to win this? They'll be more than happy with a point v us and think they'll be very defensive tomorrow which would be interesting tactic and see how we react to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Can we all spare a thought for @Paddywhack tomorrow please?  

Imagine how hard it will be, on a train full of Villa fans when that stop comes and all of the Villa fans get off, singing, laughing, joking... Full of anticipation and excitement of the upcoming game.  Potentially a historic day out.  

While you sit there, blankly staring at your wife.. on your way to see a Harry ****' Potter play.  

Words will be said to you.. but you won't hear them.  The only sound you'll hear on that once vibrant carriage, will be the sound of "Allez! Allez! Allez!" ringing in your big, fat, dumb head. 

I only pray that your return journey doesn't coincide with a joyous Villa army returning to Birmingham, while you sit there, dressed as Harry ****' Potter - scar, cape, silly glasses and a stupid stuffed Owl stitched to your shoulder.  

#prayforpaddy 🙏

All my thoughts are still with Harry's brother. Gary. :)