Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

This will be a tough game but all things considered, a draw would be a good result. However you just know that Unai and his staff will be demanding improvement from the almost perfect Newcastle performance. I trust we will be set up in the best way possible and every player to a man will give their all to execute the plan. On current form that will be enough for us to take the points. I’m going for 1-2, a popular prediction. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be stunned if its not a  unchanged team

I think it will be unchanged, but not MON “same team same subs” unchanged, more that it’s the best line up to approach this particular game. 

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

Any chance of a late recall for Wes so we can bring him on for a nice little reckoning? 

Get that idiot small heath fan to run on and smack Mee, he'll do it for a line of coke.

Oh...

• Haha 1

Good line up - but jeez our chances of qualifying for Europe absolutely hanging on our ability to avoid injuries and suspensions. 

Two keepers, two kids, Diego Carlos potentially not actually ready to play; if we were to lose a couple of first teamers we'd be all over the shop.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good line up - but jeez our chances of qualifying for Europe absolutely hanging on our ability to avoid injuries and suspensions. 

Two keepers, two kids, Diego Carlos potentially not actually ready to play; if we were to lose a couple of first teamers we'd be all over the shop.

If its not a stupid thing to say we have been lucky with our injuries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Counterpoint. Because we slow games down and aren’t chasing shadows around, players are less likely to be pushed to absolute fitness maximums. 

See Leeds. 

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

If its not a stupid thing to say we have been lucky with our injuries. 

I dunno

- Bailey

- Carlos

- Cash

- Kamara

- Coutinho

Most of those are starters. I wouldn't say that was lucky

• Like 2