Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 4 of 10

TheAuthority

I was expecting Newcastle to be the toughest match in the run in, but we crushed them.

Still Brentford have a very good home record, but I feel confident now, maybe overconfident who knows, I see an other 3-0 win.

All I know is we'll turn up, and that's half the battle. But this one will be very tough. Make no mistake. Brentford will know exactly what's coming and they'll set up to stifle, and they've a lethal finisher up front. We need to be patient and error free. I'll take a nervy 1-0 win thank you and the European mission marches on.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Brentford seems like they have already started the Summer vacation. If we are anywhere near our best, this should be an other 3 points, and we would have Kamara back.

Hopefully they’ll be on the beach after that defeat today. They had a good run, and fully established midtable team now,  Irving to play for.

Amazing how things change, not so long ago it looked like they were charging toward europe and our season was over, now the opposite. A Tuesday night under the lights and live on tv, we need to give a good account of ourselves and keep marching upward. Good opportunity for watkins to put a couple past his old team. Im going 2-0 win for us

Feels a bit of a 1-1 West Ham type match to me this. Hope I'm wrong but actually only thing missing from this amazing run has been falling behind and getting something from a game and got the feeling this might happen in this game as they still have Toney and a few others who usually cause us issues.

Brentford are on the beach now pretty much so have to go with them with the right intensity from the start.

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Amazing how things change, not so long ago it looked like they were charging toward europe and our season was over, now the opposite. A Tuesday night under the lights and live on tv, we need to give a good account of ourselves and keep marching upward. Good opportunity for watkins to put a couple past his old team. Im going 2-0 win for us

This is next Saturday isn't it? Fulham is the one under the light so expecting a fantastic VP atmosphere for that.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This is next Saturday isn't it? Fulham is the one under the light so expecting a fantastic VP atmosphere for that.

oh yeah you right i just checked, however i suppose at one point fulham were also said by the commentariat to be charging toward europe and have had a bit of a poor run of form recently, although they did win today. Either way these are 2 games that provide us a fantastic opportunity to continue the winning run in the premier league, we more than match up with both teams imo