Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

On 13/03/2023 at 00:31, KentVillan said:

I don't massively see the point in risking him this season. Give him a few run outs if he's had the all clear, but I don't think there's any rush to get him involved.

I want to see him play this season (if possible) so that we know whether or not a CB is a priority for the summer.  We can't risk not playing him and then finding out that he's not recovered to pre-injury levels.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 22:30, MaVilla said:

so sad that as he is just about to return, Kamara gets injured.

Carlos/Kamara, our two high profile summer signings, how many matches have they played together this season?

is it 1?, 2?.

Think of it like this. Zero games with Carlos, Mings, Kamara and Luiz. 

Most would be pretty confident that's would be our best CB duo and midfield duo but stevie G in his infinite wisdom dropped Luiz and mings 🤦

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Think of it like this. Zero games with Carlos, Mings, Kamara and Luiz. 

Most would be pretty confident that's would be our best CB duo and midfield duo but stevie G in his infinite wisdom dropped Luiz and mings 🤦

such a pity we havent seen all our best players together (on the whole), but to be fair, what happened meant we got Emery and the ejection of Gerrard, so tbh it was a good thing for us......

Really looking fwd to seeing Carlos, kamara, Luiz, Mings etc all playing together, i just hope Carlos is still the player he was before the injury.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Surely even after that he will need a few under age games before he can even be considered for first team shenanigans. 

Few weeks away yet

I think he’s a few weeks away too, but not because of fitness - I think Emery’s way of playing means he wants players to have trained in his system for several weeks before they play. Look at Cash after the World Cup. Carlos will be learning how we move, press, which passes the coach wants him to make, etc. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 09:56, Adam2003 said:

I think he’s a few weeks away too, but not because of fitness - I think Emery’s way of playing means he wants players to have trained in his system for several weeks before they play. Look at Cash after the World Cup. Carlos will be learning how we move, press, which passes the coach wants him to make, etc. 

Yes but the good thing is that he doesn't have to be deprogrammed from the Gerrard cult as he only managed him for a couple of games before the injury.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Managed 67 minutes in the Bristol Rovers friendly 

Great news, hopefully comes out of that positively and makes progress in the next couple of u21/friendly matches. 

We might yet see him get some minutes in the prem this season after all. 

On 19/03/2023 at 01:15, MaVilla said:

such a pity we havent seen all our best players together (on the whole), but to be fair, what happened meant we got Emery and the ejection of Gerrard, so tbh it was a good thing for us......

Really looking fwd to seeing Carlos, kamara, Luiz, Mings etc all playing together, i just hope Carlos is still the player he was before the injury.

Given the effect Gerrard had on the rest our players I doubt Carlos could have saved him even if he was created from, Olof Melberg, Martin Larsen and God himself. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2023 at 20:28, CVByrne said:

He'll hopefully get off the beach next weekend or soon after 

Guess we'll know on Friday if he's in the U21 squad against Norwich 

Â