Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

16 minutes ago, WHY said:

Good to see him back but he can cut out the love in with their manager at the end of the game, we’ve just lost to a local rival. 

Wolves aren't our local rivals (if they are, so are Cov) and there's nothing wrong with it. 

It's after the game, two old friends greeting each other doesn't change the result: nor do similar things like players swapping shirts.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WHY said:

Good to see him back but he can cut out the love in with their manager at the end of the game, we’ve just lost to a local rival. 

You will offend the happy clappers on here voicing opinions like that, I said the same thing and was shouted down. Its like some people can't deal with an opinion different than their own! We are in the majority and most of the match going fans don't like to see that, maybe some of the people on here who have hardly been to any live game are fine with it but its not something i want to see personally

• Like 1

Just now, wishywashy said:

Making a "you will offend the snowflakes" argument while you're mad that Carlos has the gall to be happy in the moment alongside someone close to him after 9 months of hell is a bold strategy

I think we should all be able to voice an opinion, your contribution is valued. However I don't know why people can't accept mine either, why they have to ridicule it when they are unlikely to have their pulse on the feeling of the matchgoing fanbase. Seems premature and unreasonable to me, perhaps in pursuit of likes.....Its fine if they disagree with me but no need to get personal

• Like 1

Rivalries are for fans (and wolves are a local rival)

The idea that the players are all riled up is long gone, simply doesn't exist in modern football, don't be surprised if wolves Brazilian players and villas Brazilian players all have each others numbers and WhatsApp each other and meet up etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Man City players hug Man Utd players after the game, and tbh I’ve never seen Wolves as our rivals it’s just that they and other smaller midlands clubs have and obsession with Villa. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rivalries are for fans (and wolves are a local rival)

The idea that the players are all riled up is long gone, simply doesn't exist in modern football, don't be surprised if wolves Brazilian players and villas Brazilian players all have each others numbers and WhatsApp each other and meet up etc

They defintely meet up, I have no problem with it, just the optics and being humble and knowing there is a time and a place, perhaps in the privacy of the tunnel or dressing room, is a bit more palatable to those watching on. Remember reading an article in The Times regarding Cheshire, loads of Everton, Man u, Liverpool, Leeds players all meeting up and socialsing. The infamous Phil Bardsley and Wayne Rooney kitchen boxing event happened in Rooney's kitchen whilst Bardlsey was at Burnley and Ronney United i think

• Like 1

Its hard to understand on here, we are not in the thick of things in the away end, we are ensconced in our rooms on laptops and not feeling the passion.....Perhaps it would be impossible for some of us to empathise with the away fans! Carlos, with more game time, will fit in and do well for us in time

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

You will offend the happy clappers on here voicing opinions like that, I said the same thing and was shouted down. Its like some people can't deal with an opinion different than their own! We are in the majority and most of the match going fans don't like to see that, maybe some of the people on here who have hardly been to any live game are fine with it but its not something i want to see personally

Erm i used to be a season ticket holder up until I got married and other priorities took over. 

However (correct me if I’m wrong) you have to consider the culture too. Diego has played in Portuguese, French and Spanish football. I don’t need to tell you or anyone else about how they greet each other in these countries. 

Rice and Mount are best friends and they play against each other fiercely but after the game they hug and have a laugh together.

Same with Jack Grealish and his clique of opposing players. In fact he hugged most of the Villa players on his return on the pitch. Sometimes they don’t bump into each other in the tunnel or after they shower etc. 

As for the bit in bold Ditto. That doesn’t make you right or me or the other ‘happy clappers’.

I just couldn’t care less how our players greet opposition players after the game win lose or draw. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Making a "you will offend the snowflakes" argument while you're mad that Carlos has the gall to be happy in the moment alongside someone close to him after 9 months of hell is a bold strategy

Isn't it funny that the people most offended by "snowflakes" and "cancel culture" are the quickest to get upset and offended when someone does something they don't like

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

A couple of those passes show what we've been missing this season. Mings and Konsa have done great and even improved as the months have gone on, but the effortless nature of the diagonal Carlos played out to Moreno after coming on is an example of the kind of difference in distribution players like him have. Really hope he can come back at the same level he would have been pre-injury.

That was one of the main reasons we signed him for passing ability.

Guess it's not beyond possibility he'll start next week as he got a good 30 minutes today and unlikely Cash will be deemed ready to start if he couldn't quite make the bench today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

That was one of the main reasons we signed him for passing ability.

Guess it's not beyond possibility he'll start next week as he got a good 30 minutes today and unlikely Cash will be deemed ready to start if he couldn't quite make the bench today.

He definitely looked comfortable out there. Won a couple of impressive headers too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

...Cotton.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Late to the thread and didn't see any of the game..  has someone cuddled someone they shouldn't have?

Lopetegui, his ex manager. Diego seems a very well liked guy, I have no problem with it.

Anyway, he looked good today. Imposing and some quality passes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Lopetegui, his ex manager. Diego seems a very well liked guy, I have no problem with it.

Anyway, he looked good today. Imposing and some quality passes.

Good to hear he's back on the pitch and getting minutes. I think he will be an important player for us next season.

Â