Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

On 30/12/2022 at 18:13, Demitri_C said:

Thats ok with me. Dont rush him back. We have 4 cbs (bednarek will be off om sur ein jan)

We can always use kamara at cb of needed.

I cant wait for him to come back , i really dont want to see Chamber or Bednarek anywhere near the 1st team again.

8 hours ago, turvontour said:

Club saying a month or two before hes back. Doesnt sound as quick as recent reports.

Hopefully he/we have not been forcing it , I’d be happy if he returns pre season at full strength 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I think anyone that is assuming that he is just going to come back and oust one of Mings or Konsa from the team is going to be disappointed. That’s a nasty injury that he’s had.

Yeah he could well be never the same player again, it's a terrible injury to have to recover from

• Like 1

My expectation for DC is for us to use the remainder the season to get him fully up to speed with the Prem. We can't rush him back after an injury like this so I expect him to get minutes in games but not to play a great deal yet. His injury was a severe one and the rehabilitation can't be rushed. That said, nothing gets you match fit better than competitive matches so any minutes he has this season is much more valuable than relying on pre season, and will stand us in better stead ahead of next season.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Looking at how big Wesley situation after his injury, it's worrying. 

Understand what you're trying to say, however in fairness, these are totally different calibre of player we are talking about here.

The positions they play make a big difference as well.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah he could well be never the same player again, it's a terrible injury to have to recover from

Yep, I wouldn't pencil him in for a game until Everton or Palace.

Let him play with the reserves for a bit to ease him back in and then progress him to the bench

Think if we have a bad run and Europe is completely out the question, chuck him in at that point to get him up to speed. 

If we're top 10 in April, introducing him might risk us shifting a consistent side that are picking up points. In that scenario I'd keep him sat out. 

Time will tell how ready he is and how ready the side are to have him incorporated 

Â