Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats going on with him? Supriswd he has been given zero minutes so far

I think would have preferred konsa at rb with carlos at cb today than chambers at rb

maybe he isnt actually fully ready, but Emery knows he is close-ish, so is trying to get him in and around the match squad to help him mentally, and re-integrate him etc.

unless im wrong, i think he has only played 50-60 minutes on the pitch since returning to injury (in an u23 game?), so he is prob way, way off the pace.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

maybe he isnt actually fully ready, but Emery knows he is close-ish, so is trying to get him in and around the match squad to help him mentally, and re-integrate him etc.

unless im wrong, i think he has only played 50-60 minutes on the pitch since returning to injury (in an u23 game?), so he is prob way, way off the pace.

Yeah i get that but how we evwe going to get him reafy with zero minutes. Even 5-10 mins would help

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think would have preferred konsa at rb with carlos at cb today than chambers at rb

Probably not the best game to come back into to be honest, we’re lucky Konsa and Mings have been so solid. Would be good to see him before the end of the season 

I would guess that he'll only be used as a last resort this season seeing as there's only a few games left. Full pre-season with the rest of the team and it'll be a different situation for him next season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Our Centre Back partnership has been supreme and doesn't look at all tired. 

Carlos will have to force himself into the team. It's going to be difficult and probably take an injury to Mings or Konsa. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our Centre Back partnership has been supreme and doesn't look at all tired. 

Carlos will have to force himself into the team. It's going to be difficult and probably take an injury to Mings or Konsa. 

Thats thw woeey though isnt itM if either one gets injured do we throw carloa in who wouldnt have played any minutes or is chambers getting a start (who i think isn't good enough tbh)

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We are 7th without both  of our main summer signings playing, Carols all season and Kamara has been in and out of the side.

Next year could be really exciting

🎄 🎅 🎶 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pretty much confirms Carlos will only be coming in for Konsa. I know many thought that anyway but he has had the majority of his success LCB despite being right footed to accommodate Kounde at Sevilla (who is statistically very similar to Konsa...)

I'm a big Konsa fan but would like to see how Carlos fares under Unai, Konsa seems a bit uncomfortable in the high line and has been caught out a couple of times. Diego is very rapid and used to play high lines at Sevilla.

Also teams have clocked on our build up to only press Mings to let Konsa have the ball, he's been getting better with it but Carlos in possession is something that I think Villa fans underrate. Don't imagine we see him this season but can see Carlos and Mings in the not so distant future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I think this is precicley the case. We've had 2 keepers and youngsters on the bench. He hasn't even come on for a few mins when 2/3-0 up. 

17 hours ago, RichW said:

I’d be surprised if he plays at all this season, might get a few minutes last day of the season. 

Could potentially be our most important PL game in 15 years, so unlikely really. 

Unless there is a reason, I doubt very much he'll play at all this season. There is no benefit for player or club....

Keep building his strength and fitness and he'll be primed and ready for next season.

Â